🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Tyree looks pretty damn slow to me man.

Yeh, if he has to run after a guy downfield on an effort play he’s pretty fast in a straight line but lining up and just accelerating out of his stance at the OT seems totally different, he seems very passive there, no explosion at all, like he calmly approaches and pushes his arm out slowly. You want him to fire off the snap and aggressively punch the tackle or feint or something. It’s very noticeable when you have a Crosby rocketing off the snap on the other side.

Valuable lesson on why combine numbers can be very misleading when they don’t correspond to game film.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 10:22 PM, Totty said:

Not at all.  Worse case scenario, draft a guy line Verse and kick Wilson inside after bulking up a few pounds.  

Considering Wilson barely moves, can we just bulk him up and stick him on the OL? Just do what you do and stand there.....it's arguably better than the OGs we currently have. 

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Valuable lesson on why combine numbers can be very misleading when they don’t correspond to game film.

Just like Ferrell, I wonder if he benefited from missing the combine. I can't imagine that he would've tested great and it probably would've pushed him down the board.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Do you always forget to realize he didn’t have a off-season?Wilson has a built in excuse considering the major injuries he had coming into the year and no offseason.

It isn’t time to go nuclear on him unless you wanna watch him become a force on another team which happens to us a lot. Plus he’s shown much more than Leatherwood did who didn’t have major injuries.

This is essentially a redshirt year. 

This is where having a healthy offseason comes into play. OTAs, Mini camp are crucial for development 

Not having a off season doesn’t mean you forget everything you’ve learned since you started playing football pre high school. I hat to say it but it’s like riding a bike you never forget. I still do rip moves in doorway. I don’t get how you don’t understand that you don’t forget technique with a injury. Tua almost died and didn’t forget how to play qb. 

59 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think there’s a crowd of people who don’t know what Lisfranc injuries impact have on athletes and their recovering time 

You’re right dmac forgot how to play rb after the injury too. He had to relearn all his rb technique forgot how to stiff arm and everything 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not having an off season doesn’t mean you forget everything you’ve learned since you started playing football pre high school. I hat to say it but it’s like riding a bike you never forget. I still do rip moves in doorway. I don’t get how you don’t understand that you don’t forget technique with an injury. Tua almost died and didn’t forget how to play qb. 

What’s your solution then? Cut him and watch another team develop him

15 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I’m starting to become concerned. 

starting?  it’s been a massive concern since the draft process.  

i just a don’t trust drafting DEs who:

1. have very poor get offs

2. can’t consistently beat OTs to their outside shoulder with speed; run the arc and can bend in doing so.

the reason i think those two criteria are vital to a DEs success is because that’s how the vast majority of “quality” sacks come from.  when i say “quality sacks” i’m talking about sacks that are quick, not ones where after 5 seconds and the DE on the other side of the line getting pressure that drives the QB nearly into the DEs in question’s arms.  the ball gets out of the QBs hand so fast in the NFL that in order to be a quality DE worthy of a 1st round pick you absolutely have to have the ability to win with pure speed.

Plus, if you can’t bend the edge and win with speed it significantly limits the ability for other moves to work.  You gotta force OTs to first have to worry about the outside and the speed rush.  

Wilson fails miserably at both at the moment but does have the potential to improve and be worth #7 if he continues to work hard and because of his physical traits.