πŸ”₯ Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, Angleae said:

He's 6'6"/271lb, how is he too small? Weight can be put on easily, just introduce him to the weight room.

My thing with that is hes already slow + he wasnt drafted in the first round(inside the top 10) to play DT. Again, name one person who is drafted high in the first round I played defensive end and then was able to make a transition successfully to DT

On 11/24/2023 at 8:45 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m wondering if he could even do legs last off-season?
Β 

He walked across the stage to get drafted. Doesn’t effect the hands or lack of. Graham said in the presser that they often move de’s inside to improve their hands cause dt in a phone booth action is way different than edge esp with hand usage. Dude is just raw af and isn’t twitchy. Combine woulda exposed him

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 6:07 AM, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with that is hes already slow + he wasnt drafted in the first round(inside the top 10) to play DT. Again, name one person who is drafted high in the first round I played defensive end and then was able to make a transition successfully to DT

playing inside is all about leverage. there's a reason why taller players play on the outside OT/DE and shorter guys play inside G/C/DT

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

He does not look good. Not much to watch when he on field. I get he needs more time but he doesn’t do anything good right now. He will probably fall into are horrible drafting category.Β 

Agreed. Pass rushers can definitely take some time to develop as we saw with Mack. But guys that become good / elite almost always flash early in their career, even if they're not producing, they'll still make splashy plays that show they have the ability you want. We knew almost immediately that we had a guy with Mack and Crosby. Tyree legitimately looks like Cle Ferrell's clone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Waiting for next year to pass judgement, but I expected more to this pointΒ 

Same. Give me something to be encouraged about. A bull rush, a swim, a speed rush, violent hands, he doesn’t do anything. I think he has 1/2 sack by accident. Guess we will see next year. I see why they wanted to move back in draft.Β 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Pass rushers can definitely take some time to develop as we saw with Mack. But guys that become good / elite almost always flash early in their career, even if they're not producing, they'll still make splashy plays that show they have the ability you want. We knew almost immediately that we had a guy with Mack and Crosby. Tyree legitimately looks like Cle Ferrell's clone.

He might be worse than cle lol I haven’t seen him do anything. Even his mindset seems off to me but time will tell.Β