🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

didn't he have a meltdown about losing. Imagine him in Vegas. He would be the next Raider to lose his mind lol. I do think trading for an alpha LB or DT, or all pro DB wouldn't be bad idea tho 

Teams out there looking to offload their all pro talent I don't know about?

Raiders have the luxury of trading multiple firsts for an all-pro talent? 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Teams out there looking to offload their all pro talent I don't know about?

Raiders have the luxury of trading multiple firsts for an all-pro talent? 

I mean to be fair, Byard was an all pro DB in 2021 and 2017...so yes it is possible 
but the Raiders shouldnt be trading for a 30 year old DB on the backend of his career. 

Even if he fails, it wasn't a terrible pick like Grudens were. Leatherwood belong in the middle of the 2nd Round. Arnette was a THIRD round pick. This **** is NOT hindsight. However, Ziegler and McDaniels still failed in the draft terribly because we should have traded up to #3 for Richardson (Texans were not gonna give up Stroud).

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Even if he fails, it wasn't a terrible pick like Grudens were. Leatherwood belong in the middle of the 2nd Round. Arnette was a THIRD round pick. This **** is NOT hindsight. However, Ziegler and McDaniels still failed in the draft terribly because we should have traded up to #3 for Richardson (Texans were not gonna give up Stroud).

Richardson is already hurt. He won’t last 4 years.

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

It may not be Leatherwood, Arnette, Cle, Abram bad, but it would still be pretty bad. 

Taking an injured DE with what were clearly limited skills (proven, not "potential upside") in the top 10 following the season we had was insane. We're not talking a guy who played big boy ball amd dominated consistently with moves and/or speed that just caught an untimely injury. Wilson just was never "that" guy. 

Even if we didn't trade up for a QB, even if we couldn't trade down, there were simply better players available at positions of need we could have taken. At the time, we expected Jones back, so they took a backup DE top 10 like we were solid everywhere else- and that wasn't the case. We shouldn't have been drafting backup guys to wait in the wings like we were some successful team with a deep roster. You do that crap when you're good. 

I just hope whoever takes over actually looks over the roster and drafts based on what we actually need right now, not projects who need a few years to see what might be at some point if everything goes right. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

I agree in part but maybe we should have traded down, took the CB who fell out of Witherspoon, Gonzalez and Porter and then Will Levis, the QB with the highest ceiling?

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 12:32 PM, ronjon1990 said:

It may not be Leatherwood, Arnette, Cle, Abram bad, but it would still be pretty bad. 

Taking an injured DE with what were clearly limited skills (proven, not "potential upside") in the top 10 following the season we had was insane. We're not talking a guy who played big boy ball amd dominated consistently with moves and/or speed that just caught an untimely injury. Wilson just was never "that" guy. 

Even if we didn't trade up for a QB, even if we couldn't trade down, there were simply better players available at positions of need we could have taken. At the time, we expected Jones back, so they took a backup DE top 10 like we were solid everywhere else- and that wasn't the case. We shouldn't have been drafting backup guys to wait in the wings like we were some successful team with a deep roster. You do that crap when you're good. 

I just hope whoever takes over actually looks over the roster and drafts based on what we actually need right now, not projects who need a few years to see what might be at some point if everything goes right. 

Yea plus position wise it’s easier to rotate a dl, db and hide them vs a olineman who plays almost every offensive snap

• 3 weeks later...