Bears select Darnell Wright - Rd. 1, 10th Overall

beardown3231

Larry shouldn't have tweeted "lol".

I still think he can be a good backup G/T for the bears, but I understand he wanted awesomeness.  Everybody wanted that, I get it.

If he can't stay with the Bears, then leaving is the best thing for him.  And he should go find his own place in life.  Best wishes to him if he leaves.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Btw, Larry Borom tweeted “lol” when the bears selected Wright, almost as if the pick blindsided him

I have been saying it for a while now…would take a miracle for him to be on this team next season…Leatherwood is a more talented player with higher upside and a far better scheme for.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I have been saying it for a while now…would take a miracle for him to be on this team next season…Leatherwood is a more talented player with higher upside and a far better scheme for.

Idk about that. Borom can still be a swing tackle/backup. Only making a touch over vet min on his rookie deal til 2025 

So the fans never said Wright could play guard, but Poles actually did in his presser last night. Was also non commital on a Wright being plugged in at Right Tackle, mentioning right, left, or even guard. Thought that was a bit interesting, even if my expectation is that he just slides in at RT and beats out any competion there during camp. 

9 minutes ago, Epyon said:

So the fans never said Wright could play guard, but Poles actually did in his presser last night. Was also non commital on a Wright being plugged in at Right Tackle, mentioning right, left, or even guard. Thought that was a bit interesting, even if my expectation is that he just slides in at RT and beats out any competion there during camp. 

Yeah of course he could play guard (played 2 games inside at Tennessee) what I was getting at is no one is instantly talking about if he fails at OT…I remember when we took Jenkins and everyone was talking about how he could have to move inside…not heard anything like that with Wright.

24 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I think a lot of that is him just doing the right thing and not saying he’s getting handed the RT job. It’s the obvious plug and play move but it’s a courtesy to veterans to make him “earn” the spot. Seeing what else we have there it won’t take long anyway. 

• Like 1

Can’t get on Wright too much for coming off as nonplussed and unenthused when we called him because I’ve always been like that too regardless of how positive the news is. A wizard could show up at my door with a potion that heals all health problems and a check for a billion dollars and I’d still respond with “alright.”

24 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Can’t get on Wright too much for coming off as nonplussed and unenthused when we called him because I’ve always been like that too regardless of how positive the news is. A wizard could show up at my door with a potion that heals all health problems and a check for a billion dollars and I’d still respond with “alright.”

I’ll be honest his sort of reaction is far more the type of person I would want on this team…getting drafted high is great and all but all this is is an opportunity…

Some of the war rooms are getting flat out embarrassing with the celebrating a backslapping that goes on for just drafting a prospect…I’m looking at you Detroit…you have drafted a prospect…not traded for Mahomes 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I’ll be honest his sort of reaction is far more the type of person I would want on this team…getting drafted high is great and all but all this is is an opportunity…

Some of the war rooms are getting flat out embarrassing with the celebrating a backslapping that goes on for just drafting a prospect…I’m looking at you Detroit…you have drafted a prospect…not traded for Mahomes 😂

I’m waiting for the day it sprouts into a love story. Where the GM and HC with the weird dynamic (cough cough Poles and Flub) embrace and realize their affection is more than professional. Imagine the views. 

Just now, Ty21 said:

I’m waiting for the day it sprouts into a love story. Where the GM and HC with the weird dynamic (cough cough Poles and Flub) embrace and realize their affection is more than professional. Imagine the views. 

Like, how many viewers the nfl would get. Not drooling about the visual of Poles and Flub making out at the draft