Bears select Darnell Wright - Rd. 1, 10th Overall

beardown3231

We traded down and still got a guy that I'd have been thrilled with at 9.

RT is locked down for the next decade.

Literally best case scenario for how that round was gonna play out, and still leaves the possibility for my favorite 4 pick combo Darnell Wright-RT, Darnell Washington-TE, JMS(or Tippman)-OC, and then Benton-3T

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Get that O line together it'll be worth it. What other spots on your O line need help? 

Center is a giant black hole for us....

And our left guard (Tevin Jenkins) is a stud when on the Field but has struggled a ton with back issues since he was drafted and is a giant question mark availability/health wise. Wouldn't be shocked to see a guard later..... or a developmental swing tackle.

Edit we're also top of the waiver wire claims order since we had the #1 draft pick.... so it's possible we can hold off on the depth picks and try and snag a high upside player a OL rich team tries to stash on the PS after preseason cuts.

Edited by Epyon

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This is a standing ovation pick.

Didn’t over think it. Didn’t get cute. Filled the biggest hole on our team with a likely 10 year starter who has a sky high ceiling.

If you want top level OTs… you need to pick them high.

I just want you to finally be happy in life. 

• Like 4

Very sound pick as far as I can tell, my big reaction is just relief: relief the Bears didn't get too focused on looking disciplined, or cute with too big of a trade, or whatever's up with the Lions there.  This was a good player, at an obvious need, and they took a couple pennies in a no-consequence trade.  

He sure seems like he'll work out.  I can't recall if anyone ever answered the question of why he was so lousy at LT and then so solid at RT?  It's a lot easier to find his highlight stuff at RT (including against Will Anderson, whew!) but everyone says it wasn't good. 

Cheers to you all, hope tonight is exciting as well.   Expecting some themed cocktails from my neighbor tonight, he's got some serious whiskies and the skill to apply them correctly.