1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

27 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They are still looking for another Vincent Jackson lol

That's about right...I guess you could say also that Jackson was just another Kellen Winslow, Sr...who was a TE but played like a WR back in the 80s for the Chargers. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

In the two games since Jefferson was injured, Cousins has targeted Addison on 15 passes, resulting in 10 receptions and a total of three touchdowns.

The only NFL player with more touchdown receptions this season is the Miami Dolphins' Tyreek Hill, who has seven.

• Like 1

O’Connell, after the SF game: "Listen, Jordan's been everything that I hoped for from the moment I put on the tape of his time in college. But he's been more than that. He's been really taking on a role within our team, within our offense. He's earned an incredible amount of trust from Kirk and the rest of our guys. Jordan was fantastic tonight."

vikings.com

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

wE dOnT dRaFt wRs iN tHe 1sT rOuNd!

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I do like (hate?) the potential of their current WR core though.

That's all they are, potential...potential that will never be realized because they really aren't that good, especially because they don't have a veteran in the room to set the standard.  All of their WRs have been in the league for 2 yrs or less.

Their front office really did them a disservice in letting Adams get away.  Adams had Jordy Nelson, who had Donald Driver, who had Antonio Freeman.  They lost that standard when they chose not to draft a WR in 2020 (they could have had KJ Osborn in the 5th, who came here 1 pick later, or could have gotten Pittman or Tee Higgins if they hadn't traded up for Love) who could have learned from Adams in '20 and '21.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The need for first round WRs was a lot less with Rodgers and Favre. They probably should have tried to pair Love with a premier talent

I think this is poor analysis.

Both QBs still had and needed premier receivers, those receivers they had just happened to not come from 1st round draft picks.

It worked for them for a long time and now it's coming back to bite them. Because imo when you have an elite talent at QB, the best thing you can do for your team is pair them with an elite receiving talent (which is almost always a WR, but Mahomes and Kelce are bucking that trend).

This is because WRs and QBs are exponentially beneficial to each other (the inverse is also quite true). Another way of putting it, is that their isn't a cap to how many points an offense can score and the best way to score points is with high level play from these two positions, with obvious caveats

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

The need for first round WRs was a lot less with Rodgers and Favre. They probably should have tried to pair Love with a premier talent

And that's probably why they only got 1 SB title a piece.  They did draft a bunch of 2nd rounders (Jennings, Jordy, Cobb and Davante), but between Davante and Watson, they only drafted a couple of 3rd rounders...and one of them ended up being a RB (Ty Montgomery)...and they didn't take any WRs period in 2019 or 2020. 

Ron Wolf was taking WRs every year (only 1993 did he not)...when Ted Thompson took over in 2005, he spent a lot of mid-round picks on WRs (drafted all 4 mentioned above), and only skipped drafting any WRs in 2009-10.  Gutey takes over in 2018 and promptly skips taking any WRs in 2019-2020 after thinking he can get away with it because he spent 3 day 3 picks in 2018 on them (J'Mon Moore, MVS and Equanimeous St. L) .  That's pretty egregious. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 12:53 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Galaxy brain moves by Seattle, LA and Baltimore!

Haven’t seen a ton of Jaxson 

Quentin is who I thought he was. Never saw the infatuation with him. 

Flowers looks very good. I liked him similar to Addison. 

And Addison? Wow!! He’s even better than expected. Can’t wait to watch him and JJ tear it up for the foreseeable future.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Haven’t seen a ton of Jaxson 

Quentin is who I thought he was. Never saw the infatuation with him. 

Flowers looks very good. I liked him similar to Addison. 

And Addison? Wow!! He’s even better than expected. Can’t wait to watch him and JJ tear it up for the foreseeable future.

We all missed on Puka Nakua though haha

• Like 1