1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

46 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Every time people bring up cine as some kind of proof about the GM, I want to bring up Addison....

I'm not discrediting the pick whatsoever because Kwesi has the ultimate say, but didn't Kwesi want to trade out of the pick but KOC basically convinced him to stay and take him? That's why we took it to the wire with the pick and also what it kind of seemed like in the draft video they put up. I could be completely wrong, though. 

38 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I'm not discrediting the pick whatsoever because Kwesi has the ultimate say, but didn't Kwesi want to trade out of the pick but KOC basically convinced him to stay and take him? That's why we took it to the wire with the pick and also what it kind of seemed like in the draft video they put up. I could be completely wrong, though. 

Doesn't matter. It happened. He chose to stay and made the pick. 

• Like 4

Amazingly, the Vikings are 3-0 now without Justin Jefferson. A major reason for that is the outstanding play of Jordan Addison, who hauled in seven catches for 82 yards and a touchdown today. With his 20-yard TD catch in the third quarter, Addison became just the sixth player in the Super Bowl era to record seven-plus receiving touchdowns in his first eight games, per NFL Research. He’s off to a sensational start, but he’s also emblematic of how the Vikings’ receiving corps has responded with Jefferson sidelined by a hamstring injury. K.J. Osborn and T.J. Hockenson also had impressive showings. Given the concerns about Cousins’ injury, though, it’ll be an even more substantial surprise if the production continues. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-8-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Addison has done a marvelous job stepping into the No. 1 wideout role in Minnesota after the serious hamstring injury Justin Jefferson suffered weeks ago. He has seven touchdowns on the season and has worked diligently to improve his separation ability against press coverage that hampered his productivity in September. Addison also has not dropped a pass entering Week 9. 

CBS Sports

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I had Addison pegged as a TY Hilton comparable because i thought his route running was off the charts & downfield etc. If your pairing JJ + ~TY on both low contracts, isn’t your “window” now?

What’s your comparable for Addison 

Well when you lose your QB, your window drastically closes. Not like teams are just giving quality QBs away midseason. Next year Jefferson won’t be on a cheap contract.