1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

Dude posted pictures on his Instagram of him drinking alcohol (mimosas) this morning....I don't think this dude is the brightest bulb in the drawer and/or has a serious problem with alcohol.

"Just got a DWI so let's post pictures of myself drinking for breakfast/brunch!"

https://x.com/baseballnerdguy/status/1812890566633386108GSiuW_TXsAE0J6p?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Dude posted pictures on his Instagram of him drinking alcohol (mimosas) this morning....I don't think this dude is the brightest bulb in the drawer and/or has a serious problem with alcohol.

"Just got a DWI so let's post pictures of myself drinking for breakfast/brunch!"

https://x.com/baseballnerdguy/status/1812890566633386108GSiuW_TXsAE0J6p?format=jpg&name=large

Well, the time spot in the upper left corner says 22hours.  That suggests that the post was from yesterday. Regardless, it doesn't send a great message. 

Athletes and other celebrities in the public eye really need to learn to keep their private lives private and off social media.

People who post pictures of their food and drinks on social media drive me crazy!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

People who post pictures of their food and drinks on social media drive me crazy!  

I almost would rather have it go back to the time when that was all people did on social media.   😂

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

Well, the time spot in the upper left corner says 22hours.  That suggests that the post was from yesterday. Regardless, it doesn't send a great message. 

Athletes and other celebrities in the public eye really need to learn to keep their private lives private and off social media.

Why? I mean, it's good to know the truth about people, no?

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Dude posted pictures on his Instagram of him drinking alcohol (mimosas) this morning....

first of all, i see no pic of him drinking alcohol. where is he in the picture?

also, do we know this is his account, and not a fake?

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Cut him. He really is the biggest idiot in the NFL. I have empathy that he is an alcoholic, but that never excuses anything you do under the influence of it.

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No one is learning the truth about anyone off of social media. 

While this is true, I have been around 100's of alcoholics over the years, and I've heard many stories from all walks of life. The amount of times I have heard people falling asleep at the wheel because of alcohol is plenty. It is a tell-tale sign, and I'm not sure I know anyone who was sober (not addicted, this doesn't count social drinking once in a while) doing so. So while you are right that we don't know for sure, it is a very educated guess. 

Addison posted that picture after getting arrested. 22 hours ago at the time of posting would have been on Saturday (I think). He was arrested Friday night, if I recall.

25 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

It's his. You can also see his leg at the bottom of the picture. He must have taken it before enjoying himself. I hope Addison gets the help he needs and can pull a Jared Allen- type recovery. It can be done.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

It literally says it's his verified account right at the top. And you don't see the Mimosa in the glass right in front of him?

I’m more surprised that he did this so soon after Jackson passed away. It just doesn’t make sense.  It doesn’t make sense under even normal circumstances. 

Not sure what the policing discussion is about but w/e. This has to be strike 2 for the team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morlee said:

I’m more surprised that he did this so soon after Jackson passed away. It just doesn’t make sense.  It doesn’t make sense under even normal circumstances. 

It's bad optics, but I'm not sure how well Addison would have know Jackson. Jackson had been a Viking for what? Maybe 3 months.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

It's bad optics, but I'm not sure how well Addison would have know Jackson. Jackson had been a Viking for what? Maybe 3 months.

I don't think it matters how long they did/didn't know each other. It is bad optics as you said, how does Addison face his teammates after a terrible decision like that?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

i don't think it matters whether he knew him one bit or not. Addison certainly knew the circumstances of his death.

he also certainly knew of his own driving problems of a year ago and his promise not to do anything stupid like that again.

so then he did something even more stupid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't think it matters how long they did/didn't know each other. It is bad optics as you said, how does Addison face his teammates after a terrible decision like that?

I just don’t think it necessarily would have had an emotional effect on him, as to affect his behavior.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

I just don’t think it necessarily would have had an emotional effect on him, as to affect his behavior.

correct, but it's not an emotional effect we're looking for here, but an intellectual one.

in that, his mind (not his heart) can decide between right and wrong.