12th pick- Jahmyr Gibbs, RB Alabama

Louis Friend

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

There's just something missing in him - he doesn't have that drive and heart to fight for the extra yards. Staley has been pretty vocal on this for some time. At some point they had to realize, while he's a good player, he just wasn't going to be who they hoped he could be and are moving on. 

Let’s not forget, Swift was drafted by the previous regime. This front office/coaching staff gave no draft loyalties to him. He wasn’t their guy. Add injuries and “lazy” attitude and I can see them wanting to move on (like Okudah). Potential only takes you so far, after awhile you have to produce consistently. Holmes/Campbell just drafted the same kind of player but one who produces and is now their guy. 

I expect a Swift trade today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Let’s not forget, Swift was drafted by the previous regime. This front office/coaching staff gave no draft loyalties to him. He wasn’t their guy. Add injuries and “lazy” attitude and I can see them wanting to move on (like Okudah). Potential only takes you so far, after awhile you have to produce consistently. Holmes/Campbell just drafted the same kind of player but one who produces and is now their guy. 

Me too. I expect he'll go to a team that is a contender (Buffalo, KC, CIN, etc.) and plan to use him in a rotation with a starting guy. 

Heck, the Jets could be an option given that Gibbs was their target at 15. Swift can provide some of that skillset. 

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I wonder if they can package him and a pick to Washington for Chase Young.  Both on the last year of their contracts.

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

I wonder if they can package him and a pick to Washington for Chase Young.  Both on the last year of their contracts.

I think packaging Swift with a pick will be how we move him. The question is, will it be for a better pick or another established player? 

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I feel like Swift is how we're going to get a 4th and maybe something in 2024. 

With the amount of cap space they're projected to have I expect them to be buyers in 2024. I wouldn't expect too many comp picks unless they spend all the money resigning our own guys.