12th pick- Jahmyr Gibbs, RB Alabama

Louis Friend

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

He will probably spend a lot of time working as a slot WR while Jameson Williams is suspended.  His "home run" ability is legit.  Still, I am not sure passing on Christian Gonzales at 12 was the right move.

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

His "home run" ability is legit.  Still, I am not sure passing on Christian Gonzales at 12 was the right move.

Couldn't have said this better myself.  I like the player don't like the value especially with the players on the board.

Ironically, Gibbs and Campbell were two guys I would have been ecstatic for Detroit to draft...in the second round. Gibbs was my favorite RB in the class and an upgrade over Swift in Ben Johnson's offense in my mind. I was hopeful Detroit might be able to get him with their second second round pick, but certainly not in the first round, much less at 12.

• Like 2

I wish we would've been able to get him at 18, but I guess I get it? He's a dangerous weapon for sure and it will help keep our running game a strength. He's a really good receiver too. 

Swift is probably gone anyway. 

I'm less mad because we at least traded down and got that early second rounder. We can still add a good DB or lineman tonight with that pick. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One of the most surprising picks of the first round. I wouldn't be shocked to see D'Andre Swift traded at some point this weekend. DC spent time with Kamara in New Orleans and Gibbs has a similar skillset. 

Holmes addressed this in his media session and to me, it made it sound like Swift is out. He said about Swift "nothing changes he's a Lion, for now".

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Holmes addressed this in his media session and to me, it made it sound like Swift is out. He said about Swift "nothing changes he's a Lion, for now".

If they are in fact in win now mode I’d rather just keep Swift for the year than get a 6th. If they can get a 4th or something then I’d move him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

If they are in fact in win now mode I’d rather just keep Swift for the year than get a 6th. If they can get a 4th or something then I’d move him. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. Would we get a 3rd if he walked in free agency as a comp pick for next year? I know there are variables to that, but I don't really follow all the rules on comp picks.