2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

Damn that's nasty.  Had to affect his combine you would think right? Just watching some of his tape the dude is wicked.  That stutter step and ability to vary his playing speed is pretty impressive.  Got some shake and bake too.  I'm more impressed with him than JSN.  Really think JSN was overrated.  Glad Gutey didn't bite.  We'll see who ends up having a better career.  I'll put my money on Reed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Damn that's nasty.  Had to affect his combine you would think right? Just watching some of his tape the dude is wicked.  That stutter step and ability to vary his playing speed is pretty impressive.  Got some shake and bake too.  I'm more impressed with him than JSN.  Really think JSN was overrated.  Glad Gutey didn't bite.  We'll see who ends up having a better career.  I'll put my money on Reed.

It's an unpopular opinion, but if you dig into it, it stands up to scrutiny.

JSN has one year of production during which he played alongside 2 OROY candidates at the same position and got passes from a top 2 pick protected by a top 6 pick. He has elite slot skills, but very very questionable boundary skills. 

Whereas Reed produced 4 years surrounded by very questionable talent (1 of 3 MSU players drafted this year, the other two were a punter and CB). He has much better long speed and explosion and showed REALLY well at the senior bowl.

JSN is younger, but Reed has the earliest breakout age in the WR draft class. 

There's no reason thinking Reed is a superior prospect to JSN should be a controversial opinion, but it is for some reason. Probably just media hype.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's an unpopular opinion, but if you dig into it, it stands up to scrutiny.

JSN has one year of production during which he played alongside 2 OROY candidates at the same position and got passes from a top 2 pick protected by a top 6 pick. He has elite slot skills, but very very questionable boundary skills. 

Whereas Reed produced 4 years surrounded by very questionable talent (1 of 3 MSU players drafted this year, the other two were a punter and CB). He has much better long speed and explosion and showed REALLY well at the senior bowl.

JSN is younger, but Reed has the earliest breakout age in the WR draft class. 

There's no reason thinking Reed is a superior prospect to JSN should be a controversial opinion, but it is for some reason. Probably just media hype.

If Jayden was a Buccaneer right now and we took JSN at 13, we'd all be laughing at a post like this.

Jayden is better than the pre-draft process gave him credit for, but there is a reason JSN went 30 picks before him and it has nothing to do with media hype.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Jayden was a Buccaneer right now and we took JSN at 13, we'd all be laughing at a post like this.

Jayden is better than the pre-draft process gave him credit for, but there is a reason JSN went 30 picks before him and it has nothing to do with media hype.

Is it bad evaluation, then?

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No it's Packers fans sporting their green and gold shades now that Reed is a Packer. 

How many years in the past 20 drafts let's say, has the best receiver of the class come out of round 1? 

Not an accusation or an argument, I'm just asking the question. I'd bet without looking it's close to 1/2. 

I guess I'm saying there is history that the best player at a position doesn't automatically come from round 1. It could be true this year without the best becoming Jayden Reed. 

I'll be surprised if it is JSN though. 

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The funny thing is that we know that in 3 years there will be all sorts of examples of "can you believe Team X took player A, when player B went in the nth round"?  Like the Raiders taking Clelin Ferrell 102 picks before they took Maxx Crosby is wild.

To be fair, everybody was laughing at the Raiders for where they took Clelin Ferrell. That was an absolutely reach on draft day. 

Your point, however: is spot on. 

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No it's Packers fans sporting their green and gold shades now that Reed is a Packer. 

Funny how I was critical of JSN long before any of this developed. Perhaps some people just value different traits than you do and their opinions are just as valid as yours.

• Like 1