2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be based on how the NFL accumulates stats....I just think the LOS is the operative criteria. The balls gotta cross it in the air in order to actually be a pass and a reception with YAC stats assigned.

The LOS has nothing to do with it.

Ball forward, pass, ball backwards, run. 

Everyone in the world playing fantasy football has been killed by a stat correction of this nature at least once.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The LOS has nothing to do with it.

Ball forward, pass, ball backwards, run. 

Everyone in the world playing fantasy football has been killed by a stat correction of this nature at least once.

LOL I've got it PR. Just expressing what I think. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk!

17 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

They basically ran option plays with the pitch man in front? It really is kind of genius. No more fumble possibility from a bad or mishandled pitch.

and this

Not every play but they played a dog **** team and so they never threw a real pass but they kept working. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Actually not. I think an actual pass is something that crosses the LOS in the air. Not a simple toss to a WR a foot in front of the QB behind the LOS. That's way too similar to any number of ways the ball's transferred to RBs - which are considered hand offs. 

What you define as an actual pass is different from how the NFL defines it.  Since they are the ones keeping the stats and the scores, I'll continue using their definition.

Just now, vegas492 said:

What you define as an actual pass is different from how the NFL defines it.  Since they are the ones keeping the stats and the scores, I'll continue using their definition.

LOL. I realize that. Again, just expressing my opinion. I think it would be better my way, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

When I was in HS there was this crazy windy game. You couldn't throw, nobody punted into the wind until the other team got pinned on their goal line. Punter shanked it and it just like got hung up by the wind. He's punting from his endzone and one of our players caught the punt...in the endzone. I always wondered if how that was scored. 0 yard PR for touchdown? 

He's used to always joke he scored on every PR he ever had, but I was like yeah but you have a career zero yard return average.

• Like 1

For Jayden Reed's stats, I think most of those have been runs, where he runs behind Love.  Even if he runs in front of Love, it only counts as a "pass" if it's tossed through the air; a handoff would still count as a run.  

Reed's stats are kinda interesting:

• 48 receptions, 11.3 y/reception.  540 yards
  • 11 runs, 10.8 y/carry.  119 yards.
  • 74 targets, 7.3 y/target.  

So 659 total yards.  Some of his runs are losers; of course; if you're cruising through the backfield and a defender pops through, those are bad plays and are average-killers.  But even with those, his yards-per-run average is much better than his yards-per-target average.  Those have been a lot of good plays.  

But yeah, to go back to your original question, Leader, I don't think Reed's "completions" statistics are impacted by the end arounds.   

Edited by craig

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

but then QB should get yardage credit for however far behind the LOS he is when he throws it

Well, in one way he does already no? If he flips the ball a couple of feet it to a WR coming across...it's a pass...and if that guy runs 99yds for a TD - those stats get added to the QBs passing totals.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

but then QB should get yardage credit for however far behind the LOS he is when he throws it

I don't want it changed. Swings and screens are one thing. I was more thinking the jet stuff is silly I guess.

• Like 1