5. Rome Odunze | WR | Washington

6. Brock Bowers | TE | Georgia
7. Joe Alt | OT | Notre Dame
8. Byron Murphy II | DL | Texas
9. Jer'Zhan Newton | DL | Illinois
10. Olumuyiwa Fashanu | OT | Penn State
11. Troy Fautanu | OL | Washington
12. Graham Barton | OL | Duke

Clear distinct between 1-5 and 6-12. The latter are blue chips in the sense of being plug-in, day one starters. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Again, why though? Like, why do you think he’s not an elite IOL?

He's above average in both run blocking and pass blocking, but neither is "elite".  He's got good agility for a guard. He's got poor hand usage, and against upper echelon pass rushers he struggles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's bad. But he doesn't sniff "blue chip"

5 hours ago, Danger said:

He's above average in both run blocking and pass blocking, but neither is "elite".  He's got good agility for a guard. He's got poor hand usage, and against upper echelon pass rushers he struggles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's bad. But he doesn't sniff "blue chip"

Yeah no you have to be pretty special to o be considered a blue chip guard.  He's good and doesn't have any obvious weaknesses, but he's not elite at anything.  He would be an early Rd 2 guy for me.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean...he's got "elite" athleticism, quickness, balance and movement skills in general for a G/C.  He also has great awareness and recognition even if it's projection/translation from Tackle to the Interior.  To go with great size for the position.  That's not nothing.

I wouldn't say "blue chip" per se.  But he's on the fringes at least.

The biggest thing that keeps him from being pure "blue chip" for me, is that he's a position change projection.  That's always at least a small degree of risk.  But he's played there before and he's looked completely natural there in the pre-draft process.  Holding his work on the edge where he struggled against premiere pass rushers a little bit, at times, against him...well, that's not strictly relevant to what he'll be asked to do inside.  So i'd kind toss that out because that's not what we're evaluating him to be.  Nobody is saying he's anything like a blue chip OT prospect...or even an OT prospect at all.  😆

Edited by Tugboat