2024 Blue Chips

Danger

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I am saying the dumb is that he is generational. But I do agree he is elite. 

My bad, I thought you were going after me. But no, he is a stud but I just don’t subscribe to recency bias. I just want to see what his generational trait is before I label him as a prospect of that caliber 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My bad, I thought you were going after me. But no, he is a stud but I just don’t subscribe to recency bias. I just want to see what his generational trait it before I label him as a prospect of that caliber 

I think his skillset is rare at the position as far as once the ball is in his hands on end arounds and such but I don’t think he is generational. He is the type that going to a creative offensive coordinator he can become elite in the league but going to a non creative offensive coordinator will bury him. Generational has talent imo that can elevate over that. I don’t think he can as shown other than yesterday he hadn’t really been displaying the same production outside of Monken’s system. Great game for him yesterday against UAB but it’s UAB, maybe they will feature him more going forward. That’s their best chance to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I think his skillset is rare at the position as far as once the ball is in his hands on end arounds and such but I don’t think he is generational. He is the type that going to a creative offensive coordinator he can become elite in the league but going to a non creative offensive coordinator will bury him. Generational has talent imo that can elevate over that. I don’t think he can as shown other than yesterday he hadn’t really been displaying the same production outside of Monken’s system. Great game for him yesterday against UAB but it’s UAB but maybe they will feature him more going forward. That’s their best chance to win.

That was one of my initial points about him, I thought he benefited from a really creative OC who schemed him open as well as had a QB who used him as a safety valve because they really didn’t have a dominant #1 WR. 

Coming into this year I wanted to see him take his game to another level and be a force regardless of how teams defend him which is fair.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:07 PM, Ozzy said:

He is easily top 3, Marvin Harrison Jr #1, let us say Worthy is not a #2 and Nabers takes that spot but not sure that will be the case when Worthy runs a 4.3.  Johnny Wilson is high level but does have drop issues and Wells Jr on South Carolina is talented but not sure he is top three and Egbuka on Ohio State is good but he is not the burner Worthy is.  Who cares about inconsistency, they are what 19-20 year old football players?  Again looks like human nature and yeah staying on top and living up to very high expectations is hard, does not mean Worthy is not an elite WR talent for the up coming class.

He's absolutely not an elite WR talent. Consistency does matter, and so do hands. He has neither.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

He's absolutely not an elite WR talent. Consistency does matter, and so do hands. He has neither.

Compared to Marvin Harrison Jr yeah he sucks.  Either way you said Texas does not have a good supporting cast around Ewers.  You are freaking nuts, they are easily one of the best offenses in the nation, super creative and tons of talent around with Sanders at TE and Worthy at WR not to mention the rest or the backs or the offensive line.  Take Worthy out of that offense and that is a huge weapon and impact player gone.  His speed changes things, is he as good as I thought considering how great he was as a true freshman, yeah probably not but Ewers has a lot around him in terms of talent and that is not even considering the defense which has many top level players...  Drake Maye really does not have that currently which was the point.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Compared to Marvin Harrison Jr yeah he sucks.  Either way you said Texas does not have a good supporting cast around Ewers.  You are freaking nuts, they are easily one of the best offenses in the nation, super creative and tons of talent around with Sanders at TE and Worthy at WR not to mention the rest or the backs or the offensive line.  Take Worthy out of that offense and that is a huge weapon and impact player gone.  His speed changes things, is he as good as I thought considering how great he was as a true freshman, yeah probably not but Ewers has a lot around him in terms of talent and that is not even considering the defense which has many top level players...  Drake Maye really does not have that currently which was the point.  

They don't. That have a lot of talent but most of those guys are too inconsistent to be called good.

3 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

As good as he is (he's very good) drafting TE's early has not worked out for anyone who has picked them in a while.

To be fair the last one is being criminally misused in ATL. 

Hockenson wasn't a bust.  Really solid.  Lions didn't want to pay him big money so they traded him. 

4 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

As good as he is (he's very good) drafting TE's early has not worked out for anyone who has picked them in a while.

I'd take him very early if I had a QB I believed in. He's a monster.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Hockenson wasn't a bust.  Really solid.  Lions didn't want to pay him big money so they traded him. 

Amen. #FreeKylePitts

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

And they were right do so because they're getting similar production from a rookie. Hock was awful value as a top 7 pick.