2024 Blue Chips

Danger

On 5/6/2023 at 3:33 PM, Scoundrel said:

Bell is not the TE prospect that Bowers is. So for him to be as great a prospect with his added ability on end arounds yeah he is rare. Your opinion means nothing to me anymore in this forum. Unfortunately that’s what happens when you expose yourself to think the way you’ve shown and the way you belittle posters who have opinions outside of your own. You don’t need to quote this. I won’t be reading your response. Just trying to save you some time. 

If we’re comparing them as prospects purely for their pass receiving capabilities, Kyle Pitts is the best TE prospect of my lifetime and has the draft position to justify it. Guy was and still is an insane specimen at the position who is just horribly miscast in Atlanta’s crappy offensive scheme. Pitts was a complete monster at UF.

Edited by DanMullen

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

FSU’s WR Johnny Wilson might turn into a blue chip TE prospect. He’s 6’7” 235 lb right now and can block.

I’m an FSU fan. The problem is that he does most of his damage out wide down the field. Anything is possible and he can catch…but it’s going to take an insane Waller-like evolution for it to happen at TE.

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m an FSU fan. The problem is that he does most of his damage out wide down the field. Anything is possible and he can catch…but it’s going to take an insane Waller-like evolution for it to happen at TE.

I think he compares very favorably to Waller.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:28 AM, DanMullen said:

If we’re comparing them as prospects purely for their pass receiving capabilities, Kyle Pitts is the best TE prospect of my lifetime and has the draft position to justify it. Guy was and still is an insane specimen at the position who is just horribly miscast in Atlanta’s crappy offensive scheme. Pitts was a complete monster at UF.

I'd love to see him moved over to Jacksonville to replace engram 😈

Pitts would be Hof worthy in a long-term career with Trevor and Doug.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

TreVeyon Henderson is a 1st round RB, depends if this meets your qualifications of blue chip.

Quinn Evers is perpetually one good quarter away from stealing my heart.

Availability is his biggest hang up.

he gets tripped up more at first contact than you would assume a blue chipper would.

his shiftiness and HR ability are blue chip though 

Just now, malibuspeedrace said:

Availability is his biggest hang up.

he gets tripped up more at first contact than you would assume a blue chipper would.

his shiftiness and HR ability are blue chip though 

I didn't notice the YAC so much because he finishes runs, but yeah he doesn't have elite balance like an old school natural RB would. But he's also straight up better than Gibbs when healthy IMO, and I'm a fan of Gibbs (though not at 12).

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:02 AM, goldfishwars said:

Feel like that Worthy kid from Texas is primed to explode - insane speed. 

He's also 160 at 6'1"

Makes Devonta Smith look like the hulk. Talent wise I don't have any doubt, but if he gets one bone crushing hit from a Safety it could be game over.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I didn't notice the YAC so much because he finishes runs, but yeah he doesn't have elite balance like an old school natural RB would. But he's also straight up better than Gibbs when healthy IMO, and I'm a fan of Gibbs (though not at 12).

He's an elite athlete with elite homerun hitting speed in the open field and a unique ability as a chess piece out of the backfield, as well as getting a lot of "touches". He reminds me a lot of a "poor man's Reggie Bush" right now. It's a shame he was hurt all year last year, because I still maintain a lot of his lack of YAC came from being an 18 year old kid without any time in a college weight program as opposed to "how he's built", but hopefully we all find out next year.

I could see him absolutely going off next year or having another "meh" year like last year. He's been an enigma that's for sure.

I think people aren't understanding what blue chip prospects are. We're talking about dudes that can come in and be elite day 1...guys that are unicorns...extremely rare guys. Most drafts only have 2-3 of these guys.

I think guys like Treyveon Henderson grow on trees. He's a RB1 guy and probably a 1st round pick, but I wouldn't classify him as unbelievable. I don't consider him a blue chip prospect.

As a Miami Hurricanes fan, I've seen James Williams' name thrown out there as an elite prospect. He's a 6'4 220 pound safety who moves very well. However, he's not nearly as good as he should be. Closer to Taylor Mays than he is a blue chipper. He's not even the best S on that team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think people aren't understanding what blue chip prospects are. We're talking about dudes that can come in and be elite day 1...guys that are unicorns...extremely rare guys. Most drafts only have 2-3 of these guys.

I think guys like Treyveon Henderson grow on trees. He's a RB1 guy and probably a 1st round pick, but I wouldn't classify him as unbelievable. I don't consider him a blue chip prospect.

As a Miami Hurricanes fan, I've seen James Williams' name thrown out there as an elite prospect. He's a 6'4 220 pound safety who moves very well. However, he's not nearly as good as he should be. Closer to Taylor Mays than he is a blue chipper. He's not even the best S on that team.

This. Blue chips are not guys who you can easily compare to somebody from the draft 2-3 years ago. Guys like Aidan Hutchinson, Will Anderson, Treveyon Henderson, are NOT blue chips. Trevor Lawrence, Chase Young, Kyle Pitts are the type we're talking about.

• Like 1