Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

Go get Stroman DiPoto. I know it's early but it stinks to see some the contracts these guys are getting. I would've done the Gausman deal he got from the Blue Jays. Gray to TEX was another. Do we go after Correa? His market seems quiet because of his exorbitant asking price but he is someone I would give a 10 year contract to.

Didn't actually think they would get Ray, but he's probably the best fit pitching wise. 

He has the best chance to be dominant in the first 2-3 years of that deal when our prospects will be cheap. Obviously there is risk there too with his past inconsistencies, but it's a good gamble. 

1 minute ago, Eagles27 said:

Didn't actually think they would get Ray, but he's probably the best fit pitching wise. 

He has the best chance to be dominant in the first 2-3 years of that deal when our prospects will be cheap. Obviously there is risk there too with his past inconsistencies, but it's a good gamble. 

Yeah i do like him. Him being a lefty makes a big deal for a hometown advantage too I guess. I have absolutely no problem with the deal. Even have an opt out in the middle, so it should be great. 
I really do not want Baez, though. He just seems like that guy that is going to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah i do like him. Him being a lefty makes a big deal for a hometown advantage too I guess. I have absolutely no problem with the deal. Even have an opt out in the middle, so it should be great. 
I really do not want Baez, though. He just seems like that guy that is going to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later. 

Yeah, Baez isn't near the top of my list either.

However if we miss out on Story/Bryant I would rather they sign him then sit on the money. (Assuming he doesn't get more than 5 years)

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I doubt we add another starter seeing Dipotos comments. Probably go into the year with Robbie Ray, Logan Gilbert, Marco Gonzales, Chris Flexen, and Matt Brash/Brandon Williamson. Can’t say I’m not happy about that rotation. Looks juicy. 

Yeah, I would be fine with that. Plus Kirby could be ready a few months in.

I do think they will trade for an arm though. Probably not a TOR arm, but someone for some depth. 

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I do wonder if they’re going to forego a Bryant or Story and try to push hard on Suzuki now. 

They need to IF bat and they can't sign Suzuki during the lockout either.

He's probably not a top priority IMO. Would like him, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. 

12 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

They need to IF bat and they can't sign Suzuki during the lockout either.

He's probably not a top priority IMO. Would like him, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. 

Wait, can we sign the others during the lockout? If so, I didn’t know that.