2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Looks like the Jets have just moved up to number 3.  I wonder how this will change the flow of the draft.

It’s such a strange move to make any other time than draft day. Unless Indy sold them into believing they were selling the pick to BUF if they didn’t jump now.

• Like 1

Sure sounds like at least 3, maybe 4 QBs go ahead of us.  CLE, NYG, NYJ. DEN are all likely.

This also increases the value of the Browns #4 pick, so if someone trades up to get a QB there another good player slides to Bears.  I would like Nelson or Chubb best, but it's still likely they get taken before us anyway, between the Clots and Buccaneers. 

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It’s such a strange move to make any other time than draft day. Unless Indy sold them into believing they were selling the pick to BUF if they didn’t jump now.

I agree; you're essentially paying to cut in line without knowing what line you're in.  I guess if you just think ANY top QB is your guy then it makes sense. Or if you're somehow finding someone to pay a richer price for the pick, which seems impossible.

I feel like no one will ever think about the CHI-SF trade last year again, very shortly! Especially if T10 is good. 

26 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wow, for a 1,2,3 and future 2. That seems like a lot to go up 3 spots. Paces trade last year looks like pennies.

You don't give up that much for anything but a QB...I still feel there is a strong chance Cleveland take a QB to groom behind Taylor...now they need to decide if they take Barkley #1 then let the Jets pick the top QB before they take a guy at #4 or if they take their QB at #1 and hope Barkley is still their at #4...if I am Cleveland I skip the QBs and take Barkley at #1 & Chubb at #4.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

You don't give up that much for anything but a QB...I still feel there is a strong chance Cleveland take a QB to groom behind Taylor...now they need to decide if they take Barkley #1 then let the Jets pick the top QB before they take a guy at #4 or if they take their QB at #1 and hope Barkley is still their at #4...if I am Cleveland I skip the QBs and take Barkley at #1 & Chubb at #4.

Cleveland HAS to draft a qb.  Ik, ik, bpa yada yada yada, but they cant pass on yet ANOTHER franchise qb.  The last GM despite accumulating all this draft capital passed on at least 3 shots at drafting a franchise qb and was fired bc of it.  Taylor is a good bridge, but what good is a bridge to nowhere.  They HAVE to make that move.  Id say most likely qb goes 1, 2, 3, Barkley 4, then things get interesting.  Does denver like Mayfield enough to take him.  They had him at the Senior Bowl so they have a ton of info on him.  6 and 7 does somebody jump up there.  You to think Chubb & nelson are bpa there but man, lets get all 6 qbs drafted in front of the Bears and push these guys down the board.

5 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Cleveland HAS to draft a qb.  Ik, ik, bpa yada yada yada, but they cant pass on yet ANOTHER franchise qb.  The last GM despite accumulating all this draft capital passed on at least 3 shots at drafting a franchise qb and was fired bc of it.  Taylor is a good bridge, but what good is a bridge to nowhere.  They HAVE to make that move.  Id say most likely qb goes 1, 2, 3, Barkley 4, then things get interesting.  Does denver like Mayfield enough to take him.  They had him at the Senior Bowl so they have a ton of info on him.  6 and 7 does somebody jump up there.  You to think Chubb & nelson are bpa there but man, lets get all 6 qbs drafted in front of the Bears and push these guys down the board.

My problem is I don't see who is that #1 guy as a QB right now...if Trubisky is in this draft he is the #1 QB no doubt...but who is the best QB in this draft right now? Rosen? Darnold?...I don't see that clear cut franchise guy so do they reach for a QB (again) or do you surround Taylor with weapons and let him be the efficient QB he is along side a stellar defence and actual win some games?...because as much as they need a QB what they desperately need is some wins.

QBs go 1 2 3

barkely at 4 (I would love to see a trade with the bills here.  It would completely screw john Elway out of a QB)

broncos QB

colts: Nelson or Chubb. 

bucs: chubb or Davenport

bears: Nelson, Edmunds or Davenport

Edited by Rogerthat

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My problem is I don't see who is that #1 guy as a QB right now...if Trubisky is in this draft he is the #1 QB no doubt...but who is the best QB in this draft right now? Rosen? Darnold?...I don't see that clear cut franchise guy so do they reach for a QB (again) or do you surround Taylor with weapons and let him be the efficient QB he is along side a stellar defence and actual win some games?...because as much as they need a QB what they desperately need is some wins.

I think all four of the big QBs have very similar grades.  Its going to depend on scheme and preference as to who is drafted where.