2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

If QBs indeed go 1-2-3 if I’m Cleveland I’m taking Chubb at 4. New potential franchise QB and the top pass rusher in consecutive drafts makes way more sense to me than a RB, especially in a deep RB class regardless of how good they think Barkley is. Elite edge rushers are so valuable by comparison to elite running backs IMO. Knowing how they’d turn out, would you take Von Miller or LeVeon Bell? To me that is Miller 150 times out of 100. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears are at the edge of all the action.

I do not even see a real way they can make a short jump up for a guy like Chubb with Ind and TB sitting there.

It’s not as though those teams don’t have other big needs that can be filled by the top prospects though. For both TB and IND Minkah, Ward, Nelson and Barkley all make a ton of sense too. For IND Edmunds also would fill a huge need.

Personally I honestly don’t think it’s at all inconceivable (even if unlikely) that Barkley is there at 8 when we are on the clock. That would put us in a really interesting spot because he’s a perfect fit for Nagy’s offense but RB is pretty close to the bottom of our list as far as needs go. 

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It’s not as though those teams don’t have other big needs that can be filled by the top prospects though. For both TB and IND Minkah, Ward, Nelson and Barkley all make a ton of sense too. For IND Edmunds also would fill a huge need.

Personally I honestly don’t think it’s at all inconceivable (even if unlikely) that Barkley is there at 8 when we are on the clock. That would put us in a really interesting spot because he’s a perfect fit for Nagy’s offense but RB is pretty close to the bottom of our list as far as needs go. 

I would be shocked beyond belief if Barkley makes it at #8...I see no way he drops past Tampa at #6...if he does fall to #8 you pray a team who think they are one guy away calls you...most interesting would be if the Lions wanted to move up for him...no idea what I would do in that situation.

When you really do the math on this it looks like Nelson is going to fall to us

1[1] Cleveland: QB

1[2] NY Giants: Barkley or QB

1[3] NY Jets: QB

1[4] Cleveland: Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Ward [Have Bitonio and Zietler]

1[5] Denver: QB

1[6] Indianapolis: Chubb or Nelson [Chubb plays 2nd most important position]

1[7] Tampa Bay: Just paid Jensen 10.5/season and have Marpet who is about to be paid

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1[7] Tampa Bay: Just paid Jensen 10.5/season and have Marpet who is about to be paid

I think Nelson is an outstanding prospect and I would be really happy to add him but I just think we need to add a front 7 playmaker for the D.

The more this offseason goes on the more I think we need to go back to back LBs...

1. ILB...Tremaine Edwards

2. OLB...Arden Key

or

1. OLB...Marcus Davenport

2. ILB...Leighton Vander Esch

I think option two might be the best combination of on-field and off-field combined.

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The more this offseason goes on the more I think we need to go back to back LBs...

2. OLB...Arden Key

or

I think option two might be the best combination of on-field and off-field combined.

Got a living mock working to be tweaked as FA unfolds and I have us going LB-LB there too. Makes the most sense IMO, and the prospect pool lines up for it as well. Vander Esch may not be there but I like Malik Jefferson there too as a sort of Edmunds Lite - freak athleticism but green. 

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Got a living mock working to be tweaked as FA unfolds and I have us going LB-LB there too. Makes the most sense IMO, and the prospect pool lines up for it as well. Vander Esch may not be there but I like Malik Jefferson there too as a sort of Edmunds Lite - freak athleticism but green. 

Agreed...Evans would even be a solid fit in the 2nd at ILB...issue with Jefferson is Texas kept asking him to be something different...as an ILB run and hit LB his skill set would be excellent for Fangio...I am starting to get locked in to Davenport in round 1...my latest mock has us going back to back LBs followed by OT & DL in the 4th.

On 3/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, WindyCity said:

There's no way Buffalo doesn't trade up here.  they have the ammo to pull it off and the jets are poised to get one of the top 4.  I can't see them sitting at 12

35 minutes ago, jumbo said:

There's no way Buffalo doesn't trade up here.  they have the ammo to pull it off and the jets are poised to get one of the top 4.  I can't see them sitting at 12

Somebody's definitely coming up to #2 or #4. Buffalo very likely or maybe Miami.

If the Giants move out of #2, Dorsey may as well sit on #4 and hold it for ransom. In that scenario, if it's QB-QB-QB to start the draft, he would be able to either take Barkely or move out for a boatload of picks.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

2. OLB...Arden Key

or

I'm still at

1. ILB Tremaine Edwards

2. OLB Lorenzo Carter/Dorance Armstrong

Are there any round 2 guards/centers that you absolutely love? I'm guessing the Bears are 50/50 on Nelson if he's there at 8 (something tells me they will draft him if he is there) but assuming they don't and go with Tremaine Edmunds, who are some prospects you like that could fall and be there for us at #39?

Argument for Nelson

1. He is the best player in the draft
2. It is all about Trubisky
3. Gives you potentially a dominant OL

Argument Against Nelson

1. Positional value
2. You need some defensive playmakers
3. You can find a starting OG in the 2nd