2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Man I would love this.  

I think it's highly doubtful and it'd have to be a perfect storm but could be possible If the draft were to go something like this:

CLE: Darnold

NYG: Rosen

NYJ: Allen

CLE: Barkley

DEN: Mayfield

IND: Nelson

TB: Fitzpatrick

CHI: Chubb?

Make it so (in best Patrick voice I can manage)

Edited by 51to54
  • Like 1

With the Giants just trading JPP to the Bucs, I think they are taking Chub at #2.

Gun to my head:

1. Cleveland - Darnold

2. NY Giants - Chubb

3. NY Jets - QB (guessing Rosen)

4. Cleveland - Barkley

CLE makes out like GD bandits. Jesus.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

With the Giants just trading JPP to the Bucs, I think they are taking Chub at #2.

Gun to my head:

1. Cleveland - Darnold

2. NY Giants - Chubb

3. NY Jets - QB (guessing Rosen)

4. Cleveland - Barkley

CLE makes out like GD bandits. Jesus.

Denver: QB

Colts: Nelson

TB and Chicago trying to trade down.

In that case the best player available for the Bears would be a DB either Ward or Fitzpatrick

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

In that case the best player available for the Bears would be a DB either Ward or Fitzpatrick

I think Tampa takes Fitzpatrick there and we take Edmunds or we trade down with Buffalo or Arizona and hope to land Landry there.

If Buffalo moves from 12 to 8, we gain pick #65 (first pick in round 3) and send them pick #115

If Arizona moves from 15 to 8, we gain pick #47 (middle of round 2) and send them pick #105

Edited by G08

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Tampa takes Fitzpatrick there and we take Edmunds or we trade down with Buffalo or Arizona and hope to land Landry there.

If Buffalo moves from 12 to 8, we gain pick #65 (first pick in round 3) and send them pick #115

If Arizona moves from 15 to 8, we gain pick #47 (middle of round 2) and send them pick #105

For a QB I think we will end up hammering the Bills harder than that.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For a QB I think we will end up hammering the Bills harder than that.

I'm inclined to agree, but I'm going off pure value of the picks being traded.

I think at #8 one of the following will be there: Rosen, Mayfield, Allen (I think it will be Allen). The question is, who does Buffalo fear ahead of them and behind us to make them want to trade up? Miami? We have to do a sell job of convincing them Arizona is hot for our pick.

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think at #8 one of the following will be there: Rosen, Mayfield, Allen (I think it will be Allen). The question is, who does Buffalo fear ahead of them and behind us to make them want to trade up? Miami? We have to do a sell job of convincing them Arizona is hot for our pick.

I think if Chubb is gone the QB trade point may be 6. The Colts will continue to land 1 thousand picks to jump start the rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think if Chubb is gone the QB trade point may be 6. The Colts will continue to land 1 thousand picks to jump start the rebuild.

If Nelson is there at 6 I think that's the move for them. They need to protect Luck badly (er, they already do it badly.... you know what I mean).

55 minutes ago, G08 said:

If Allen is there, thats awesome for us bc thats the guy Buffalo and AZ are going to want.  But i dont see any way Mayfield gets taken ahead of him and im starting to really like him at #1 overall.

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

If Nelson is there at 6 I think that's the move for them. They need to protect Luck badly (er, they already do it badly.... you know what I mean).

Luck, if he even takes the field as his former self, will do so with a tag of 'brittle' and could very well make Nelson the pick.

Here is a scouting report on a player that I think is a solid comp to Tremaine Edmunds. Any guesses?

STRENGTHS
Exceptional take-off speed, acceleration and closing burst. Makes plays effortlessly in back-side lateral pursuit. Outstanding recovery quickness to make plays (when he is out of position). Explosive striker. Can produce "wow" plays when he triggers quickly or releases cleanly and has developed a reputation for knocking quarterbacks out of games

WEAKNESSES
Developing instincts -- late to locate the ball and too easily fooled by play-action and misdirection. Motor runs hot and cold -- does not always apply himself. Can be locked down too easily when engaged -- unrefined hand use. Lacks variety of pass-rush moves and relies too much on natural speed. Average eyes, anticipation and awareness in coverage marginal feel. Average base strength -- moved off the ball too easily by tight ends (plays tall). Needs more time in the weight room -- 15 bench-press reps were tied for the fewest among linebackers at the combine.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1 (top 10)

BOTTOM LINE
A highly disruptive, athletic specimen with the pass-rush potential to effortlessly emerge as a double-digit sack producer. Is far from a finished product and his best football is still ahead of him, yet he plays the game with more of an offensive temperament and could require some patience. Is the type of rare athlete that could even contribute as an offensive playmaker once he learns to grasp defensive concepts and the game slows down for him.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Here is a scouting report on a player that I think is a solid comp to Tremaine Edmunds. Any guesses?

STRENGTHS
Exceptional take-off speed, acceleration and closing burst. Makes plays effortlessly in back-side lateral pursuit. Outstanding recovery quickness to make plays (when he is out of position). Explosive striker. Can produce "wow" plays when he triggers quickly or releases cleanly and has developed a reputation for knocking quarterbacks out of games

WEAKNESSES
Developing instincts -- late to locate the ball and too easily fooled by play-action and misdirection. Motor runs hot and cold -- does not always apply himself. Can be locked down too easily when engaged -- unrefined hand use. Lacks variety of pass-rush moves and relies too much on natural speed. Average eyes, anticipation and awareness in coverage marginal feel. Average base strength -- moved off the ball too easily by tight ends (plays tall). Needs more time in the weight room -- 15 bench-press reps were tied for the fewest among linebackers at the combine.

BOTTOM LINE
A highly disruptive, athletic specimen with the pass-rush potential to effortlessly emerge as a double-digit sack producer. Is far from a finished product and his best football is still ahead of him, yet he plays the game with more of an offensive temperament and could require some patience. Is the type of rare athlete that could even contribute as an offensive playmaker once he learns to grasp defensive concepts and the game slows down for him.

JJ Watt.

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

STRENGTHS

WEAKNESSES

BOTTOM LINE

EDIT: Vic Beasley was my initial guess but I now see it's Anthony Barr.

Personally, while I don't think he's a bad player, if Anthony Barr is thee "bar" so to speak for Edmunds then I think we have to aim higher with the 8th pick.  I don't think Barr is elite by any means.

Edited by topwop1