2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

8 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Remember last year when a ton of people wanted the Bears to take Jamal Adams/Kizer or Jamal Adams/Nathan Peterman as the 1-2 picks?

No, i DO remember saying over and over again that the Bears had to take a QB bc you dont know when you'll ever pick that high again.  

• Like 1

I assumed they would go Jamal Adams or similar, I wanted them to go QB.  Oddly Trubisky was not my first choice QB (Kizer/Watson) and I also thought there was a good chance he was off the baord before we got there.  Like him a lot now though, and hope he succeeds.  

The trade never seemed that bad a value to me, and I think the next c ouple years of first round trades are going to make it look even better.  If Trubisky turns out to be good or better? Then Pace looks like a wizard. 

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, i DO remember saying over and over again that the Bears had to take a QB bc you dont know when you'll ever pick that high again.  

I still remember when I saw that we traded up and people thought it was Soloman Thomas but I knew it would be a QB just did not expect it to be Tru. He has the mental makeup to be great can he is the question.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

I still remember when I saw that we traded up and people thought it was Soloman Thomas but I knew it would be a QB just did not expect it to be Tru. He has the mental makeup to be great can he is the question.

Then people already be like, John Lynch > Bill Pollian 

17 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Remember last year when a ton of people wanted the Bears to take Jamal Adams/Kizer or Jamal Adams/Nathan Peterman as the 1-2 picks?

I remember being high on Kizer throughout the draft process, but I never thought he was worth the #3 overall pick.

On the other hand I was pretty adamant about the Bears needing to take their "guy" at QB early and didn't like the idea of Peterman being the "guy" they identified as the QB of the future.

Also, not saying he's not a good player, but Jamal Adams would not have brought this team as far along as it has come the past year if he was the pick.  I'm glad they didn't go that route.

51 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I remember being high on Kizer throughout the draft process, but I never thought he was worth the #3 overall pick.

On the other hand I was pretty adamant about the Bears needing to take their "guy" at QB early and didn't like the idea of Peterman being the "guy" they identified as the QB of the future.

Also, not saying he's not a good player, but Jamal Adams would not have brought this team as far along as it has come the past year if he was the pick.  I'm glad they didn't go that route.

Should have clarified, Jamal Adams at #3 and then Kizer or Peterman at #35. The Bears 1st and 2nd round picks.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

The same guy who gave Mckinnon a massive RB contract and drafted Rueben Foster even though he had a checkered past. 

Exactly. I don't see why he is so highly regarded.  Is it because people think he fleeced Ryan Pace and the Bears in that draft say trade last year?  I don't get it...the jury is still out IMO.

Foster looks like a future release candidate since he's a thug and the type of guy who can't stay out of trouble and it's not as if Solomon Thomas had a stellar rookie season.  

Garoppolo pretty much fell into their laps.  You think Pace wouldn't have made that same trade with the Patriots last year at this time if given the chance?

I'll give Lynch credit for building the team up to a potentially talented group pretty quickly, but there is going to be risks that pan out for that to really occur and he did NOT fleece Pace in that trade at all. 

It is ridiculous to judge their second year guys based on their play though, it's not like we would judge our own as quickly. Thomas has a ton of potential and was highly sought after here. Foster was a risk and he took it, I can appreciate him having the balls to make the move and Foster did play well. 

That being said, I am happy with the moves Pace has made. Of course not all work out but that is normal. His hit rate is better than I have seen from any other GM the Bears have had since I've followed. 

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Bears are having a private dinner with Bradley Chubb.

Only player in the draft I am cool with trading up for.

Depending on what it would cost, I'd probably be okay with that, too. Keep in mind he could actually fall, as well...

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Bears are having a private dinner with Bradley Chubb.

Only player in the draft I am cool with trading up for.

Man I would love this.  

12 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Depending on what it would cost, I'd probably be okay with that, too. Keep in mind he could actually fall, as well...

I think it's highly doubtful and it'd have to be a perfect storm but could be possible If the draft were to go something like this:

CLE: Darnold

NYG: Rosen

NYJ: Allen

CLE: Barkley

DEN: Mayfield

IND: Nelson

TB: Fitzpatrick

CHI: Chubb?

• Like 1