2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

Okay let's break this down: It's 3rd and 10 and Fangio wants to rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage. Floyd is on one side, who in this draft class do you want on the other side? Obviously I'm talking EDGE rushers here, but if for some reason your answer is Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds, feel free to say so.

Assume CHUBB is off the board.

Edited by G08

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Okay let's break this down: It's 3rd and 10 and Fangio wants to rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage. Floyd is on one side, who in this draft class do you want on the other side? Obviously I'm talking EDGE rushers here, but if for some reason your answer is Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds, feel free to say so.

I think since Chubb is gone the answer would be Davenport. I have not issue if it is Landry, but I do not think he will be as highly ranked as Davenport for the Bears.

ESPN SackSEER pass rusher rankings

1. Marcus Davenport
2. Bradley Chubb
3. Harold Landry
4. Sam Hubbard
5. Josh Sweat
6. Tyquan Lewis
7. Lorenzo Carter
8. Uchenna Nwosu
9. Arden Key

SackSEER's projections are based on a statistical analysis of the factors that have historically correlated to success as an NFL edge rusher. SackSEER has predicted success for current stars Von Miller, Khalil Mackand Justin Houston. SackSEER also has identified several high-profile busts at the edge rusher position, including Dion Jordan, Marcus Smith and Jarvis Jones. SackSEER had its fair share of misses as well, but it nevertheless provides a good starting point for discussing the likelihood that an edge rusher prospect will collect high sack numbers at the NFL level.

Edited by G08

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

1 Landry

1a Davenport

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I think since Chubb is gone the answer would be Davenport. I have not issue if it is Landry, but I do not think he will be as highly ranked as Davenport for the Bears.

Agreed.  Davenport has all the tools you would want a pass rusher to have.  It's just a matter of coaching him up and making sure he reaches that sky high potential.

People are comparing him to Izzy Ansah.  If that's the type of production we can come to expect out of Davenport then sign me up.

I also like Landry but I feel he doesn't have as much upside.  Either player I wouldn't be upset though.

My buddies and I do a 4-5 person  mock draft every year where you control 6-7 teams and we run through the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Would there be people interested? We would obviously discuss the Bears pick and made that as a forum. Trades are allowed, you control the teams.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

If your answer is Smith don’t admit that cause you’d be an idiot. 

Davenport by a little under a mile. 

@G08

Im going for Davenport due to Fangio' s success with Smith, and in the 2nd i double down with Key. I'll put Key at the 3T in that situation. If be fine with Landry as well though. 

Nickel DL

Floyd - Key - Hicks - Davenport.

Bullard and RRH can be a reserve pair. I don't want Goldman in there, I want him to be a dominant run stuffer who can get pressure on early downs. He's too heavy to play as many as he did  last year. 

36 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

@G08

Im going for Davenport due to Fangio' s success with Smith, and in the 2nd i double down with Key. I'll put Key at the 3T in that situation. If be fine with Landry as well though. 

Nickel DL

Floyd - Key - Hicks - Davenport.

Bullard and RRH can be a reserve pair. I don't want Goldman in there, I want him to be a dominant run stuffer who can get pressure on early downs. He's too heavy to play as many as he did  last year. 

Key AND Davenport? I may have to go change my undies

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Key AND Davenport? I may have to go change my undies

Dude will probably fall to 3rd+ now after his poor testing along with the other concerns teams may have already had about him.

I do not think Bears need to nor should they double down at OLB the first 2 rounds.  If they end up taking Davenport or Landry in the 1st then it'd be more prudent to get the BPA at one of OL, LB or CB in round 2.

Edited by topwop1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Dude will probably fall to 3rd+ now after his poor testing along with the other concerns teams may have already had about him.

I know. We had this conversation yesterday. Bottom line is, he’s an absolute steal at 39 or round 3. He has as much talent as any player, no matter the position, in this draft. If Pace comes away with him & Davenport, it’s going to be a legendary draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

My buddies and I do a 4-5 person  mock draft every year where you control 6-7 teams and we run through the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Would there be people interested? We would obviously discuss the Bears pick and made that as a forum. Trades are allowed, you control the teams.

I would be in.

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I know. We had this conversation yesterday. Bottom line is, he’s an absolute steal at 39 or round 3. He has as much talent as any player, no matter the position, in this draft. If Pace comes away with him & Davenport, it’s going to be a legendary draft.

I failed to mention the potential trade down Pace is likely to make in the 2nd. Might be able to get a 3rd for the OG while still netting Key. Key can be a super sub. 

Or if you want uberathletes in the middle Floyd is good vs the run. Move him inside in base, start Key and Davenport on the outside, and all 3 can move to the DL in nickel. Unconventional but still. 

I love the Jewell pick, mocked him to us early. Mini Zach Thomas.