2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The one player, not at the top of the draft that I want is James Daniels from Iowa. I really think he will be one of the better interior OLmen in this class. He is so athletic and long and moves so well. 

If we could do MMs trade down with NE and 

1(23) DE Taven Bryan

1(31) C James Daniels

Talk about building a bully in the trenches.

For me if we can move down the one interior guy I would love would be Isaiah Wynn.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

For me if we can move down the one interior guy I would love would be Isaiah Wynn.

Wynn is really good as well.

He and Daniels are really athletic and can move, which I think this system will value.

They spend so little time on the ground.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Wynn is really good as well.

He and Daniels are really athletic and can move, which I think this system will value.

They spend so little time on the ground.

The availability and potential of those guys, plus Price, Hernandez and Ragnow are why I’m so opposed to taking Nelson at 8. All 5 of these guys with good health should be decade-long strengths for their respective teams and day 1 starters this year. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Move down to 23 and 31 & draft Wynn & Landry

If GreenBay doesn't take Landry at 15 (which would be shocking to me considering their OLB situation is probably worse than ours)...... Detroit at 20 has Landry's former coach, on their staff. There's basically a 0% chance that he falls to 23, let alone 31.

I'd also like to point out that both Leno and Massie suck hard vs speed rushers.

Edited by Epyon

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

If GreenBay doesn't take Landry at 15 (which would be shocking to me considering their OLB situation is probably worse than ours)...... Detroit at 20 has Landry's former coach, on their staff. There's basically a 0% chance that he falls to 23, let alone 31.

I'd also like to point out that both Leno and Massie suck hard vs speed rushers.

Personally I see GB going CB.  Either Ward, Jackson or Hughes.

Detroit is a big possibility to take Landry due to the connections he has to that staff.

5 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Can anyone explain to me the difference between Eli Harold and Harold Landry? Despite the same name these guys are virtually IDENTICAL as prospects. 

I think the closest guy we can compare Landry to is Shane Ray IMO.

I like Landry as a situational pass rusher but I'm not sure he'll be more than that, just like Ray and also similar to Vic Beasley.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Personally I see GB going CB.  Either Ward, Jackson or Hughes.

Detroit is a big possibility to take Landry due to the connections he has to that staff.

I could even see them drafting Ridley or Moore. Nelson is gone and Cobb is probably gone after this year. Outside of Adams, their WR corps is putrid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If I'm Ryan Pace I'm locked in on these 5 players at #8:

- Chubb

- Nelson

- Edmunds

- Ward

- Davenport

I'd add Barkley to that, but yes, those would be my 6.

In order, I'd go with: Chubb, Barkley, Davenport, Ward, Edmunds, Nelson.

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think the closest guy we can compare Landry to is Shane Ray IMO.

Way, way off on the cone and shuttle times. Ray can't bend anywhere near as well as Landry.

13 hours ago, ColGerBear said:

So get me on the Davenport train without mentioning his measurables.

He is still raw and is just starting to figure out how to play the position. 4 years ago he was a 198 lbs and playing WR. Now he's 264 lbs and still getting bigger/stronger. I know you didn't want to hear about measurables but putting on 66 lbs is nothing to laugh at, especially when he has the frame to add another 10-15 lbs IMO. You could see him take to quality coaching at the Senior Bowl, he started off practices terribly, but by the 3rd day he was flashing everywhere and then in the game he was a constant harassment to the QB.

I don't want to trade down from 8 to 23, I think we have a better shot at top tier talent at 8 then we do dropping down that far.

I'm fine with Nelson but I like other interior OL as well that I think will be there in round 2.

Give me one of Davenport or Edmunds at 8 and I'm happy. Take your highest rated OL/CB in round 2 (I cite those two positions because I think the value will be there).