Jahns mock:

Roquan Smith
Isaiah Oliver
Uchenna Nwosu
Alex Cappa
Simmie Cobbs
Leon Jacobs
Jonah Trinnaman

I'm somewhat warming to Smith (although I'd still rather have Davenport). He struggles off of blocks, but if Hicks and Goldman are great, he'll be fine. His sideline to sideline ability also can't be denied.

Love the Oliver and Nwosu picks, and I also doubt they take Cobbs. He doesn't fit this offense at all IMO. In this scenario, BTW, I'm not sure who rushes the passer unless Nwosu is an early contributor.

I think that Smith would be a good fit with the current Bears' defensive line that could keep blockers off of Smith. Not so much in a defense where he might be expected to regularly take on blockers. In a way, unless you have good depth of blocker eaters on your Dline, an injury to one of your big guys on the Dline also hurts Smith's game and turns out to be an injury and a half.

I'm leaning more and more to Davenport given his current size and upside and pass rushing potential.

• Like 1

I feel like Davenport will be the pick because it’ll absolutely piss off like 95% of the fans.

Nelson is probably the best Pace could do. The reaction would be 50/50. Half would hate him because he’s a guard and half would love the move because Bears fans are obsessed with Notre Dame.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I feel like Davenport will be the pick because it’ll absolutely piss off like 95% of the fans.

Nelson is probably the best Pace could do. The reaction would be 50/50. Half would hate him because he’s a guard and half would love the move because Bears fans are obsessed with Notre Dame.

I’d be more open on Nelson if there weren’t several day 1 solid starters with pro bowl upside who might be there as late as 50 at the same position. There might be 1 Nelson in this draft, but there are a half dozen Cody Whitehairs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be more open on Nelson if there weren’t several day 1 solid starters with pro bowl upside who might be there as late as 50 at the same position. There might be 1 Nelson in this draft, but there are a half dozen Cody Whitehairs. 

I'll take one new Whitehair and one (potentially) elite pass rusher over one Nelson and one (potentially ) decent rusher until I have the problem of so many good pass rushers that two of them are playing OG.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Trying to figure out what you're implying for. Are you saying that the Bears were a top 10 defense on luck? I could argue that Trevathan, Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Jackson, Amos and Fuller is a top 10 defense on ability. I do agree though that they NEED another pass rusher. It'd help not only if that OLB was good but also if Bullard/RRH had a big year, because Hicks can't play another 100% of the snaps:|

Most of guys are but Fuller needs to show he can repeat last season again. Trevathan is good but injury prone. As a sub Timu is a big downgrade from Christian Jones who went to Detroit. Amos still is not a big play maker. this defense is o.k. but lacks the pass rush options and one guy who intercepts passes from being a true top shelf defense. the problem is pass rushers are the hardest position to find.

7 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

This defense, in its current state, lacks an identity. The offense has one with Trubisky at the helm which makes it easier to find the right pieces to the puzzle. I think we desperately need to find a leader/gamechanger on defense. 

I too have spoken of the identity issue with the defense if not the team. You need something to hang your hat on. Something your team can always 'go to' or something other teams HAVE to contend with before anything else. Helps a team to seize the initiative in games.

Ive decided Davenport is my guy and i dont want to get cute with it and hope hes there in a trade back.  Take him at 8 unless you get a real nice overpay.  Of course i say this all acknowleging that i havent got any of my guys since Alshon, so it probably wont happen, but the more i watch of Davenport, the more I think hes going to be real special.

9 hours ago, anonymousGM said:

This defense, in its current state, lacks an identity. The offense has one with Trubisky at the helm which makes it easier to find the right pieces to the puzzle. I think we desperately need to find a leader/gamechanger on defense. 

They are a top 10 unit. His name is Akiem Hicks and he might be on the top 5 3-4 lineman in the league.

Linebackers make Fangio's defense go, or so it has been said. Remember Chris Borland? Went in round 3. Navarro Bowman? 3rd round pick. Patrick Willis went #11 overall, but I'm of the opinion Roquan Smith isn't in his league.

I would understand the move, but I don't think I'd like it. Kwiatkoski played well last season despite what some fans have to say about him. Danny Trevathan as well, but he can't seem to stay healthy. The downside to those two? They both come out of contract after the 2019 season, so we need an infusion of talent. A team that has glaring holes at OG, OLB, ILB/DL/WR/CB depth can't really afford to take a 'Roquan Smith' at 8, can they?

Which means if Nelson isn't there, that's the pick.

Who's the pass-rusher with the highest upside? (via @troyadami)

2636.png&h=110&w=110&transparent=trueIf we leave out NC State's Bradley Chubb, who I've said is the draft's best edge rusher, I have to go with Marcus Davenport. The 6-foot-6, 264-pound Texas-San Antonio product has size and athleticism that can't be taught. His 4.58 40-yard dash at the combine was the fastest of any defensive linemen. He could play as a defensive end in a 4-3 or as an outside linebacker in a 3-4.

Davenport just needs a team to be patient with him and develop his pass-rushing moves. I've said for a while that Green Bay, which has veterans he could learn from, is a great fit.

We are currently doing our work mock draft and it broke like this,

Round 1

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Sam Darnold
1[2] NY Giants: RB Saquan Barkley
1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Baker Mayfield
1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou] [Mark]: DE Bradley Chubb
1[5] Buffalo Bills [Den]: QB Josh Allen
1[6] Indianapolis Colts [NYJ]: OG Quenton Nelson
1[7] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: S Derwin James

I made a trade. Miami offered 1[11], 2[43] and 2nd 2019. I felt like I had to take it. I had offers from NE and AZ on the table as well for Rosen.

1[8] Miami Dolphins: QB Josh Rosen
1[9] SF: LB Trumaine Edmunds
1[10] Oak: LB Roquan Smith

I am on the clock again, what should I do? Davenport or Ward?

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are currently doing our work mock draft and it broke like this,

Round 1

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Sam Darnold
1[2] NY Giants: RB Saquan Barkley
1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Baker Mayfield
1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou] [Mark]: DE Bradley Chubb
1[5] Buffalo Bills [Den]: QB Josh Allen
1[6] Indianapolis Colts [NYJ]: OG Quenton Nelson
1[7] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: S Derwin James

I made a trade. Miami offered 1[11], 2[43] and 2nd 2019. I felt like I had to take it. I had offers from NE and AZ on the table as well for Rosen.

1[8] Miami Dolphins: QB Josh Rosen
1[9] SF: LB Trumaine Edmunds
1[10] Oak: LB Roquan Smith

I am on the clock again, what should I do? Davenport or Ward?

Davenport