The 2023 UDFA Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Zech is a really good special teams player so he could still make the roster based on that.

I hate to say it, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. 

But this whole thing has always been super overrated IMO. Feels like the classic crutch that's brought up in defense of guys who aren't good at their position.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I hate to say it, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. 

But this whole thing has always been super overrated IMO. Feels like the classic crutch that's brought up in defense of guys who aren't good at their position.

I mean you need good special teams players. Most guys on our team weren’t that good at it last year. We also haven’t got to see Zech get more than a few snaps here or there when guys came out of the game for a bit or like when he played in the week 18 game against Dallas a couple years ago where we sat our starters against the Cowboys first team. Not saying he might not be bad. It’s important that he impresses in camp this year. I wanna say he started camp with good days, but wasn’t consistent over the whole thing.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Was at Oklahoma Jalen’s year there

Yeah he was a huge recruit. 

#1 WR in the 2019 class ahead of the likes of Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, George Pickens, Treylon Burks, Jonathan Mingo, Drake London, John Metchie,

#4 for the whole class

#133 all time (any class)

He just didn’t live up even close to the hype.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Put him at fullback! 😂

That is impressive but pretty shocking how he did not do more in college if he is that athletic.  And Michigan State did not have this great D full of tons of elite level players either.  Great pickup and if he does not workout who cares, could be a very good special teams guy and work his way into a solid backup.  

Mekhi Garner was a great pickup, I thought he would be drafted, could be a standout safety and has legit boundary corner cover skills, most likely he goes to safety though.  Eli Ricks super talented, awful year last season though got benched more than once but worth a shot as a UDFA, as if the Eagles even need more corners which they do not.  Most likely another team takes these guys if they show well because the Eagles are already loaded at that spot it seems, do feel Garner will transition to safety though and could stick.  

• Like 1