The 2023 UDFA Thread

TheRealMcCoy

So they got guaranteed money, but not the rest? Interesting. Never knew how PS players made money. 

- Joseph Ngata, WR, Clemson ($230,000 guaranteed) - Ben VanSumeren, LB, Michigan State ($130,000 guaranteed)

The minimum for an NFL player's salary is $750,000 in 2023, according to Spotrac, but that number changes based on experience. The minimum for a rookie is $750,000, but that increases to $870,000 for players with one year of experience and $940,000 for players with two years of experience.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So they got guaranteed money, but not the rest?

Those are just the ones we know of. If a player didn’t get a higher guaranteed their agent probably is less likely to put their numbers out to the media right away.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

But any and every year. Kickers and punters should never feel comfortable enough to not be fighting for a position yearly. 

There is good reason to have extra ones in even for just mini / training camp, even if they don't have much of a shot.

Yeah cut them loose during preseason, but especially punters should be tested.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

But any and every year. Kickers and punters should never feel comfortable enough to not be fighting for a position yearly. 

I don't disagree. I just won't ever pass up an opportunity to say michael clay is bad at his job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I don't disagree. I just won't ever pass up an opportunity to say michael clay is bad at his job.

He was really bad last year. I am a little surprised he was retained but I understand they probably didn't want to replace all 3 coordinators in one season.  The only bright side is some semblance of continuity and the fact that Clay is very young and one would hope that he is capable of learning and improving. I don't have much faith in that happening but we will see.