2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Still holding out hope for a scenario where the Raiders can get McCarthy. Just don't see the path. I'm still confident as ever, he's going to be QB1 from this class.

McCarthy gonna get picked between 2-6. If you can’t land a pick between those he’s gone

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

McCarthy gonna get picked between 2-6. If you can’t land a pick between those he’s gone

Chicago: Williams

Wash: Daniels

NE: (TRADE) - Minnesota: Maye

AZ: MHJ

Chargers: Alt

Giants: (TRADE) - Vegas - McCarthy

Dream scenario for me. Daniels has to for 2. Minnesota likes Maye and make their move. AZ doesn't pass on a rare WR talent. Harbaugh's teams are built on the Oline, he goes best OT. Giants have a lot of holes, can't trade Jones contract so they can't pass up the chance to add assets and look to take a 2nd tier QB that their GM is said to really like the potential. 

But, I don't know how AP feels about McCarthy. Though I think he's exactly what Telesco looks for in a QB. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Dream scenario for me. Daniels has to for 2. Minnesota likes Maye and make their move. AZ doesn't pass on a rare WR talent. Harbaugh's teams are built on the Oline, he goes best OT. Giants have a lot of holes, can't trade Jones contract so they can't pass up the chance to add assets and look to take a 2nd tier QB that their GM is said to really like the potential. 

But, I don't know how AP feels about McCarthy. Though I think he's exactly what Telesco looks for in a QB. 

It's a dream alright NE is not passing on a QB.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Still holding out hope for a scenario where the Raiders can get McCarthy. Just don't see the path. I'm still confident as ever, he's going to be QB1 from this class.

bUt CoNnOr StAlIoNs.....

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Agreed I just cant get excited over Tua Bridgewater

To be fair to Penix, he has a much stronger arm and is at least nominally more athletic than either. And, to be fair to Tua, he has been at the center of arguably the league's most explosive offense for the past two seasons.

I am ambivalent on Penix. I didn't love him before the Texas game. I have reverted back to not loving him based on the totally of 2023, but I can see the raw material. I wouldn't hate him at 13, but I think he will probably (and should) go in the second.

• Like 1

I think this is very possible IF the patriots trade down (they should). If they don’t then we are stuck. 

• Like 1

It would be shocking if NE passed on a QB when they are in position to grab o ne especially with a new coach.

Minnesota can offer two 1st round picks this year to a potential trading team. Their 1st pick is higher than ours. McCarthy would have to pass through NE, Minnesota and NYG for us to grab him. Unlikely but who knows

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

It's a dream alright NE is not passing on a QB.

I don't think it's a lock. They have a ton of holes and a GM who may be apt to take a package of picks to facilitate the rebuild before adding a QB. If they got a good package, they might be tempted.

Not to mention, they have nothing on offense. Throwing a young QB into that situation will be a disaster. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

bUt CoNnOr StAlIoNs.....

One of the weakest arguments ever. And it's Ohio State fans and you tube film experts who have this take. 

The scouts, analysts, NFL people who've been around him, love him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It would be shocking if NE passed on a QB when they are in position to grab o ne especially with a new coach.

Minnesota can offer two 1st round picks this year to a potential trading team. Their 1st pick is higher than ours. McCarthy would have to pass through NE, Minnesota and NYG for us to grab him. Unlikely but who knows

I think it depends on who is there. Would they take Daniels if Maye goes 2? 

Daniels stock feels interesting. Washington make sense given the added Mariota. But NE, Minnesota, Giants.... why do I see those teams passing on him? Maybe it's simply because I'm not the biggest fan of him.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:39 AM, agarcia34 said:

Picking Penix is as ballsy of a pick you could ever make at 13. AP and Telesco don’t survive if it doesn’t work out. Both could be gone in two years. Flip side to it if it works out then you’re celebrated. Nuts on the table type of pick. 

Those boys are probably gone in two years regardless.

FF GM Mock Draft Results

13. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadije | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

112. Sataoa Laumea | OL | Utah

148. James Williams | LB | Miami (FL)

208. Gabe Hall | DT | Baylor

223. Kedon Slovis | QB | BYU

229. Matthew Jones | iOL | Ohio State

• Like 1

After looking at some of the non-QB mocks, I am open to the idea of not drafting a QB this year. Yes, it is risky but we could stack the roster with this draft (especially OL). Then, next year, we could trade the house for a QB (assuming one of them would be worth it).

For the record, I am still in the camp of drafting a QB this year. Just leaving options open.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FF GM Mock Draft Results

13. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadije | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

112. Sataoa Laumea | OL | Utah

148. James Williams | LB | Miami (FL)

208. Gabe Hall | DT | Baylor

223. Kedon Slovis | QB | BYU

229. Matthew Jones | iOL | Ohio State

I’d rather take Slovis late in the draft than waste a second on Rattler. 

• Like 2