2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t know that Wilson would want to go to a team that would draft a guy in the first. I think he wants to be the guy wherever he goes. 

At his age that's just the reality. I would think the two main candidates would be either us or the Steelers. If say like a JJ McCarthy falls to either of those teams they're going to draft them even if it's a second round pick. 

Edited by Jeremy408

I am in the mindset that you offer the Bears and offer they can’t refuse. The Raiders have sat on their hands on the QB position for way too long. Time to be aggressive and take a chance. 

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I am in the mindset that you offer the Bears and offer they can’t refuse. The Raiders have sat on their hands on the QB position for way too long. Time to be aggressive and take a chance. 

Yeah like a 3rd rounder for their QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Not going lie, Fields would get me excited. He's a leader, has flashed, just hitting his prime. I want him or one of the big 3 rookies. Wouldn't be mad at Russ Wilson. Caleb, Maye, Daniels, Fields would get me excited tho 

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Have we really not drafted a QB in the 1st since Russell? That’s crazy. 

Well you could argue they used a first on Carson Palmer. Also since they had Carr there wasn’t really a need to. Now they need to. 

13 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

RaidersBeat with a good article on what it would cost us to move up in the draft. I am NOT paying that. Unh uh, nope, Nada, no way, never, see you later.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/if-the-raiders-want-caleb-williams-as-some-believe-they-do-heres-a-look-at-the-potential-cost-to-get-pick-no-1-pick/

I ain't paying anything to get Ryan Leaf 2.0 (Williams). I'd trade up to get Drake Maye, and that's probably it. Wouldn't pay that price, though. I said in a previous post that I'd offer Crosby/Adams/2025 1st to the Bears for #1 and #9 and see if they bite. I'd be tempted to throw in Renfrow and/or Jacobs as well.

Does having Harbaugh in the division have an effect on the thoughts of drafting JJ McCarthy?? Harbaugh knows exactly what makes him tick and how to attack his weaknesses? Conversely I suppose McCarthy might know a little of how to attack Harbaugh?

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Does having Harbaugh in the division have an effect on the thoughts of drafting JJ McCarthy?? Harbaugh knows exactly what makes him tick and how to attack his weaknesses? Conversely I suppose McCarthy might know a little of how to attack Harbaugh?

I'll be sick if JJ or Nix are the pick at 13. Reach on need yet again

I see all the rookie QB's as 'flawed' but all worth taking a chance but not giving up too much to make it happen. 

Williams seems to be #1 and he's young but ego/maturity issues and a regression from the season before he better measure above the listed 6'1 or he may not be the first QB taken. I think the Windy City would be horrible for his career but Washington would be better.

Penix, Nix and Daniels all played for a different program and played best with where they ended up. At least they got better where Williams regressed a bit. 

JJ is young and improved every year in the same program. The problem is we didn't see him put the team on his back week in and out to win games. The team was one of the best for two years and he just didn't mess things up so it's a lot of projection. His best fit is sitting a season to not only get up to NFL speed but also fill out his frame. Not as lanky as Daniels but a season sitting would be best.

Maye has the size and is young but like Williams he also regressed this season from last. Like JJ he's a 'projection' but he won't sit his rookie year.

So NONE of these QB's are worth giving up what it will take to get to #1 overall.

I'd give a 4th maybe a 3rd for Fields but nothing more. Stopgap QB that maybe does better in a new environment but does enough that we could get into the playoffs and his teammates like him. If that happens no need to reach for a QB and maybe trade down and get one with the last 1st round picks or 2nd round

I'd be happy with a move to #4 (our 1st/2nd/3rd) before the draft and any trades and pick from Williams, Maye, Daniels or Harrison especially if it looks like Adams is getting traded and the 3 QB's are gone. I don't think it could go QB's at 1/2/3 but it's possible that other teams trade up after our trade and drive up the costs to trade up. I'd go to pick #5 but it's the Chargers so I doubt they would do a deal for us to get a QB. They might trade up to #3 to trade out to another team just to keep a QB from us. lol

On 1/26/2024 at 7:05 AM, PhillyRaider said:

Justin Fields? ROFL y'all are trippin. Here's a stat for all you Fields fan boys that y'all don't know. Justin Fields has 38 career fumbles in 38 career starts LOL. And y'all want to bring that here? 

Y'all are trippin.

38 in 40 starts to be exact. He can be taught to protect the football better and a decent OL would help.  There are plenty of other big name QB'S who have lead the league in fumbles and they are not 3rd year QB'S. Prescott, Allen, Carr just to name a few.

On 1/27/2024 at 7:18 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I'll be sick if JJ or Nix are the pick at 13. Reach on need yet again

Big difference between reaching on a QB over any other position. It’s a risk but if it hits you’ll be set. Also I don’t think Nix, Penix or JJ are like Rosen, Lock or Jones. Those are guys who played for middling teams and didn’t put up numbers. 

Some players I will be watching to see how they do in practices/game of the Senior Bowl and Shrine games. 

CJ Hanson G Holy Cross

Christian Mahogony G Boston 

Isaiah Adam’s G Illinois 

Matt Goncalves OT Pittsburgh 

Javon Foster OT Missouri

Evan Anderson DT Florida Atlantic

Leonard Taylor III DT Miami 

Brandon Dorius DL Oregon