2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Let's just start with the ownership and refusal to play for certain teams -- PLEASE direct me to a credited report backing these claims. They all started with that garbage guy over at PFT or whatever site he runs. Any credible source that links this directly to CW or anyone associated with him? It's absolute rumor mill to the fullest extent.

Sitting out the bowl game? So you then have issue with a large number of players going in the top 2 rounds? This isn't specific to CW at all. 

Flip flopping back forth to USC? Trust me buddy, I follow USC and that was never an actual threat but yet another point pandered by the media to trash on him. Again, if you've got a credible report backing that I'd love to read it because it sure as hell didn't come from USC or Caleb himself. 

Doesn't rise to the occasion when things get tough? This might be the funniest of all your points so far. How did Drake Maye do? Did he rise to the occasion? Penix? Nix? Nada, nada, and nada. 

It's obvious you aren't open to given him a chance and that's fine - I just hope with as stringent of criteria you have for Caleb that there's countless other players you've had off your board for issues. Seems like a double standard. Enjoy your evening and excited for him to prove you wrong. 

1. His own father, in an interview with GQ. 

2. Yes, I do. Always have. Particularly guys who underachieved. It doesn't make them undraftable, but it doesn't endear them to me. I also noted it's one thing among the MULTITUDE of things, not a singular thing in a vacuum. If you're going to treat the entirety of things as individual things like that, this conversation is disingenuous. 

3. Nope, his dad alluded to it. Pretty sure he knows him far better than you or anyone at USC, tbh. Have an issue with it, call him. 

4. Usual tactic to defend his performance, I see. Except none of the guys you mention were asked about. Want my opinions on them, ask. But citing other players you didn't ask about when asking your initial question is about as relevant as Alex Jones' opinion on aliens. Diversionary tactic to draw attention elsewhere. 

5. It's equally as obvious you're going to refuse to give any credence to anyone's criticisms of him and that's fine, too. Just be aware that you're doing the same thing. 

6. I'm not sure you understand how a "double standard" works. First you ask me if I hold other players to the same standard, then accuse me of having a double standard without me having given a response. In fact, yes, I hold all prospects to the same or similar standards. Caleb isn't special in that regard- at least to me he isn't. To you, apparently he is? 

7. Enjoy yours as well. And hey, if he proves me wrong, great. I'm not rooting against him. I'm not BayRaider with a hate fetish for a particular player. I've never dealt in person with Caleb Williams in my life and unless he's accused by the DOJ for a human trafficking offense, I probably won't. If he's great and meets every expectation and ounce of potential he has, womderful- everyone wins because who doesn't like watching good football. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:58 PM, Humble_Beast said:

what will you think will happen at 13?

I really hope we don't reach on a QB ala Nix, Pennix, JJ

so what position do you think we can target 

QB- the big 3 are not leaving the top 5

RB- no RB worth 13

WR- Big 3 are likely top 10 picks - MHJ, Nabers, Rome ----- I don't see another WR worth 13. I see other late 1st rounders 

TE- Bowers- I'm starting to see Bowers mocked 10-15 more and more. Isn't a need but could you pass him up? 

T: Alt and Fashanu are top 10 locks. JC Latham might be first tackle or even there at 13. I wouldn't be mad at the pick. Fauga seems to be a mid first rounder and even starting to get mocked in the top 10. 

G/C- TROY FAUTANU - starting to get buzz in the mid rounds. Is a potential ALL Pro LG worth the 13th pick? Vegas kid

DE: Turner/ Latu / Verse - all picks would be a home run. Chop Robinson is someone who I think will blow up the combine. 

DT: I really like Murphy from Texas and a sleeper for 13. I also like Newton? Are these two more hyped because a weak DT class?

LB- no prospect worth 13

CB- Arnold stock seems to be on the rise. Kool Aid, Mitchell and Wiggins are other options. I would rather go trenches 

S- no prospect worth 13 

so many directions we can go 

I think the likeliest positions at 13 are G and CB. It would be a waste of resources to pick another edge player when the Raiders have two starters and a developmental first-rounder. Right tackle will depend a lot on what happens with Eluemenor and what the staff thinks of Munford. I would like to see Munford be the starter. Defensive tackle is best solved in free agency because this is a great free agent class at the position (Williams, Jones, Wilkins, Madubuike, Reader) and the draft is shallow at the position with no great prospects in the first round. I like Jackson Powers-Johnson as an answer at center or left guard. I'm sure Fautanu would be good at guard, too. Arnold is my favorite corner prospect, but it seems like corner is 6-7 players deep in the first round with Mitchell, McKinstry, Rakestraw, Wiggins, DeJean, and Lassiter.

My ideal scenario would be JPJ in the first and trade up back into the first to take Penix or Nix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the likeliest positions at 13 are G and CB. It would be a waste of resources to pick another edge player when the Raiders have two starters and a developmental first-rounder. Right tackle will depend a lot on what happens with Eluemenor and what the staff thinks of Munford. I would like to see Munford be the starter. Defensive tackle is best solved in free agency because this is a great free agent class at the position (Williams, Jones, Wilkins, Madubuike, Reader) and the draft is shallow at the position with no great prospects in the first round. I like Jackson Powers-Johnson as an answer at center or left guard. I'm sure Fautanu would be good at guard, too. Arnold is my favorite corner prospect, but it seems like corner is 6-7 players deep in the first round with Mitchell, McKinstry, Rakestraw, Wiggins, DeJean, and Lassiter.

My ideal scenario would be JPJ in the first and trade up back into the first to take Penix or Nix.

For me the value at 13 is QB if McCarthy makes it there and CB.  I am assuming that the "top 3" QB's will be off the board and at least 1 CB by the time we pick.  One of the two CB prospects in Wiggins and Arnold should be there and if 4 QB's are off the board one of them should be the pick.  

Nailing this pick and not reaching is critical for the future of this franchise and a true lockdown #1 CB is imperative in todays pass heavy league.  It's been quite some time since we have had a lockdown stud #1 CB and I am sick of us throwing JAGS out there hoping they become something more than their skillset indicates....  

I have a feeling that McCarthy will be gone as I can see the Jets, Min or Denver taking a shot on him. If that is the case then the value is at CB.  RT value can be acquired via free agency and the same goes for interior Oline although I would not be opposed to going interior Oline in the 3rd or 4th as traditionally good value for those positions can be found there. 

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Would be pretty happy with this outcome. 

Love JPJ. He just radiates multiple pro bowl type player. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like we'll grab an OL in round one, beef up the trenches then take a QB in the 2nd, maybe even trading up for one.

Latham seems like a target in round 1.

We were reportedly scouting Latham before we had even hired a GM.

FWIW a Raiders player on media row reportedly said that we are going to try and move up for Jayden Daniels according to Mitchell Renz.

Drafting a RT in the first while praying Nix or AOC is the long term guy at QB would be such a failure but pretty on par with what you'd expect from a GM like Telesco.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We were reportedly scouting Latham before we had even hired a GM.

FWIW a Raiders player on media row reportedly said that we are going to try and move up for Jayden Daniels according to Mitchell Renz.

Drafting a RT in the first while praying Nix or AOC is the long term guy at QB would be such a failure but pretty on par with what you'd expect from a GM like Telesco.

What are you even talking about? Trading back into the first for a QB or AOC as the starter would be what you’d expect from Telesco? How is this statement based on anything remotely evidential from his history? Absolute jibberish.

Drafting a tackle at 13, in a draft where that position is viewed to be ideal value around that pick - so, picking a player exactly where he was supposed to go in the first round -would actually be what you’d expect from Telesco. So, at least your not entirely wrong there.

Bring back the Jimmy supporting troll version if you. At least he was fun. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You know what, **** it. 

McCarthy at 13 or trading up into the back of the 1st. IDC we move. He has some of the best pocket presence, mobility/escapability, and improvisation in this class at 20.

From recent buzz - it seems he’s gaining a bit more momentum. And with Nix and Penix’s stock dipping after the senior bowl, I’m guessing he’ll end up being QB 4. 

With the Vikings (who will likely have to make a choice of Cousins or JJ) and the Donks (who will have to go rookie QB with the Russ contract. Plus no 2nd round pick), I think I’ve anything we’d have to move up for him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, reddevil said:

What are you even talking about? Trading back into the first for a QB or AOC as the starter would be what you’d expect from Telesco? How is this statement based on anything remotely evidential from his history? Absolute jibberish.

Drafting a tackle at 13, in a draft where that position is viewed to be ideal value around that pick - so, picking a player exactly where he was supposed to go in the first round -would actually be what you’d expect from Telesco. So, at least your not entirely wrong there.

Bring back the Jimmy supporting troll version if you. At least he was fun. 

I’d expect Telesco to completely drop the ball on building a roster that can compete in the AFCW going forward. I mean didn’t we just see him fail to do it for over a decade with the Chargers? 

He just whiffed in the first round last year with QJ. Drafting a LT and moving him to RT would be another historic whiff. 

But again this new regime’s entire selling point is having blind faith that they can succeed at things we’ve just watched them fail miserably at with other teams. 

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You know what, **** it. 

McCarthy at 13 or trading up into the back of the 1st. IDC we move. He has some of the best pocket presence, mobility/escapability, and improvisation in this class at 20.

If he's still there at #13, he should be our pick barring something insane. He won't be a starter until 2025, but we'd be drafting for the future and there's a very good chance it would be worth it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You know what, **** it. 

Yea he’s the only guy except daniels to master bama he’s creeping into #4qb for me behind the big 3. Nix looked flat footed at sr bowl pennix didn’t play in the game which pissed me off even baker played iirc. Pennix last impression is vs mich which leaves a mixed review for him. Jj has had nfl coaching also. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, reddevil said:

From recent buzz - it seems he’s gaining a bit more momentum. And with Nix and Penix’s stock dipping after the senior bowl, I’m guessing he’ll end up being QB 4. 

With the Vikings (who will likely have to make a choice of Cousins or JJ) and the Donks (who will have to go rookie QB with the Russ contract. Plus no 2nd round pick), I think I’ve anything we’d have to move up for him.

Watch when he runs a 4.5 something 40

• Like 1