2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Doesn't want to, or wasn't asked to? 

Both. He probably wasn't asked to because he doesnt like to. But since you mention it, yea he also ran in a gimmicky offense in the pac 12. And anyone who pretends like that doesnt matter would have to look at how he played before he started playing in that scheme. it wasnt good.

Im really hoping the broncos draft that guy.

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Both. He probably wasn't asked to because he doesnt like to. But since you mention it, yea he also ran in a gimmicky offense in the pac 12. And anyone who pretends like that doesnt matter would have to look at how he played before he started playing in that scheme. it wasnt good.

Its a tough analysis, imo. 

Before Oregon, he was stuck at Auburn and his HC/OC situation was cheeks. 

Oregon isn't going to put the ball downfield much unless they have to. Like McCarthy and Michigan, this is largely by design and likely not overly indicative of that particular QB. 

That said, he's my least favorite talent of the top 6 for the same reasons you're mentioning- I have some questions about him, and my faith in a leap once in the pros is shaky. 

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

How good is it that the Raiders are going into this draft without having a glaring need.

I can’t remember the last time the Raiders didn’t reach for a pick because of need and I’m old.

Off the top of my head you’d have to go back 10 years to the selection of Mack. Oh the Halcyon Days of yore. 

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Its a tough analysis, imo. 

Before Oregon, he was stuck at Auburn and his HC/OC situation was cheeks. 

Oregon isn't going to put the ball downfield much unless they have to. Like McCarthy and Michigan, this is largely by design and likely not overly indicative of that particular QB. 

That said, he's my least favorite talent of the top 6 for the same reasons you're mentioning- I have some questions about him, and my faith in a leap once in the pros is shaky. 

To me, him and JJ are in the same category where you have two guys that might be able to do it but we haven't seen them consistently make all of the throws(in an actual game situation) in any sizable sample size.

7 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1768634543534231892?s=46&t=SCCpjy9eHh0L0j50R60a8A

welp the Raiders aren’t trading past the Vikings. 

If they go QB it’s either Penix or Nix. 

Minnesota making the move to get a QB. Have to get in front of NY, so Chargers likely trade partner, but LA needs a Wr and Nabers or MHJ will be right there for them at #5. This is getting interesting. 

Man this sucks. You never know what’s happening in the background but to see the Vikings being aggressive is a bummer. Just don’t see how the Raiders end up with a top tier QB. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Man this sucks. You never know what’s happening in the background but to see the Vikings being aggressive is a bummer. Just don’t see how the Raiders end up with a top tier QB. 

We weren't getting Maye or Williams anyway. Daniels is the tier below and wasn't an option either. After that, I don't feel any guy is a "top tier" talent and not worth a first round pick IMO.

It really looks like we're going to lean on our defense and hope Minshew can just not screw up a lot. Just a hunch on where I see us going.

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

You can say the exact same things about Penix.