2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jer-zhan-newton/32004e45-5771-4885-82c7-4990610c7ce7

I wouldn’t be mad at picking a DT. Newton and Murphy have a lot of potential. Jenkins old as dirt and can fall off at any point. Would be amazing to have the best DT combo in the league next to Maxx

R1- DT

R2- OT

R3- OG 

attack those trenches 

Same, I wouldn't be upset if we added either to our Dline. 

Grav a CB in R3 instead. Some good OG later in draft. 

Looking at the roster, hard to see anything other than CB being a priority. 

Jones is a solid 2, but has baggage. Hobbs is best at NB. The rest are replacement level.

Outside QB, CB fills like the biggest need and best value in round 1. Which sucks because of the misses this team has had at that position. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Outside QB, CB fills like the biggest need and best value in round 1. Which sucks because of the misses this team has had at that position. 

T is a much bigger concern for me than CB. At least at CB we have some good starters on the roster in Hobbs and Jones. Whereas RT and RG are enormous black holes.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jones is a solid 2, but has baggage. Hobbs is best at NB. The rest are replacement level.

You don’t win football games by drafting DBs early kid. The best teams win the trenches 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You don’t win football games by drafting DBs early kid. The best teams win the trenches 

True, but you can't ignore the position either. After signing Wilkins, CB is the biggest need on defense that we have and there's some good prospects that will be available at #13 (which will be music to @Frankie2Gunz's ears)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

T is a much bigger concern for me than CB. At least at CB we have some good starters on the roster in Hobbs and Jones. Whereas RT and RG are enormous black holes.

I agree personally. But CB is not nearly as deep as Oline in this draft so it will become a matter of value. 

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You watch the Eagles at all last year kid? Stacked in the trenches and constantly destroyed in the secondary.

The Raiders can already win in the trenches. Adding a A player to the secondary rounds out the defense.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Munford played well last year at right tackle.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:
16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yup a good D-line will help the DBs a lot.

I think it’s a balance to be honest. 

A team that’s great on the DLine and poor at DB will get abused. 

A team that’s great at DB but poor on the DLine will get abused.

A team that’s reasonably strong at both will be very competitive I feel. I’d initially value DLine a little higher but ultimately you don’t want superstars there and scrubs behind, depth is so important as is eradicating obvious weaknesses. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

A team that’s reasonably strong at both will be very competitive I feel. I’d initially value DLine a little higher but ultimately you don’t want superstars there and scrubs behind, depth is so important as is eradicating obvious weaknesses. 

people are forgetting about Fracyson. Jones, and Hobbs are good corners. People are acting like we have nothing at the position. Webb and Bennett have potential to be better too. give me a 

R1 - Olumuyiwa Fashanu or Fuaga 

R2- slight trade down for an addition 4th 

R2- Kiran Amegadjie / Christian Haynes / Cooper Beebe 

R3- Maason Smith / T'Vondre Sweat - Sweat might drop because of his DUI

I think that would be the best route. Day 3 try to find a QB, and CB gem. Also add a RB, WR, LB

Offense

QB - Gardner Minshew | Aidan O' Connell  

RB - Zamir White | Alexander Mattison Ameer Abdullah   

WR - Davante Adams |  Jacobi Myers | Tre Tucker 

TE - Michael Mayer | Harrison Bryant

T - Kolton Miller |  Olumuyiwa Fashanu |  Thayer Munford  |  Dalton Wagner

G - Round 2 Rookie | Dylan Parham  |  Cody Whitehair

C -  Andre James 

Defense

DE - Maxx Crosby | Tyree Wilson  | Malcolm Koonce|  Janarius Robinson 

DT Christian Wilkins | Sweat/ Smith John Jenkins | Adam Butler | Byron Young

LB - Robert Spillane  Divine Deablo | Luke Masterson  |   Amari Burney 

CB - Jack Jones | Brandon Facyson | Nate Hobbs| Jakorian Bennett |   Sam Webb 

S - Trevon Moehrig | Marcus Epps | Isaiah Palo-Malo  |  Christopher Smith 

Special Teams

K - Daniel Carlson

P - AJ Cole 

LS - Jacob Bobenmoyer

add in 5 more day 3 rookies, plus maybe a vet fa or two 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Munford played well last year at right tackle.

Sure, but I am not relying on that small sample size when we quite literally have nothing else besides an UDFA from last year behind him.

Munford could turn out to be nice but drafting Fuaga for example would secure as a high-end RT at worst, but can also be an elite RG worst case.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

But the D-line can dictate what the offence does. If they shut down the run it will forced the Offense pass on every down and vice versa.

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sure, but I am not relying on that small sample size when we quite literally have nothing else besides an UDFA from last year behind him.

Munford could turn out to be nice but drafting Fuaga for example would secure as a high-end RT at worst, but can also be an elite RG worst case.

I agree that Munford should not stop the Raiders from picking a right tackle, but his presence makes me think that starting right tackle is not a dire need. If I were to rank them, I think the top needs are QB, CB, RG, RT.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

would you draft a guard if you knew he was going be a 8x all pro and next Zach Martin? The Washington tackle has all pro ceiling