2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

people are forgetting about Fracyson. Jones, and Hobbs are good corners. People are acting like we have nothing at the position. Webb and Bennett have potential to be better too.

Facyson is replacement level. The team doesn't have a 1. Jones is a 2, Hobbs is a nickle. The rest of the guys are replacement level depth. 

If you think Webb and Bennett have potential to be better, that same logic applies to several Dline prospects they've taken too.

If one of Jones or Hobbs goes down, that unit is complete trash. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Facyson is replacement level. The team doesn't have a 1. Jones is a 2, Hobbs is a nickle. The rest of the guys are replacement level depth. 

If you think Webb and Bennett have potential to be better, that same logic applies to several Dline prospects they've taken too.

I would personally sign Adoree Jackson the Monday post draft

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This.....lol.

8 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

This.....lol.

you could have said Spillane, Epps before last season started, Fracyson was just hurt. Fracyson has been a solid starter in this league, and he is even in his 20s. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

But the D-line can dictate what the offence does. If they shut down the run it will forced the Offense pass on every down and vice versa.

They can at times, but usually it’s a cohesive effort. It doesn’t matter what pass rush you have if your corners can’t cover or are playing 10 yards off because they’re scared of getting beat. A decent QB will just take advantage of that over and over. Also, it’s all well and good forcing teams to pass but again, if you can’t cover well you’ll get taken advantage of. You’re not going to beat good teams imo without a bit of both good DLine play and good DB play. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man, I would be absolutely apoplectic if we drafted him in the 2nd. 

Wouldn’t be overly thrilled with him at really any point, but I can accept dart throws in the mid-late rounds. A 2nd though…

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

In different circumstances, I would like Rattler as a late Day 2 or Day 3 prospect. But with AOC and Minshew presumably getting the majority of snaps in OTA’s and TC and Getsy’s ghastly handling of Fields development, I don’t think he would be properly developed here. 

The way I see it we have to take one of the Top 6 QB’s or punt on the position this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

you could have said Spillane, Epps before last season started, Fracyson was just hurt. Fracyson has been a solid starter in this league, and he is even in his 20s. 

It's Facyson. He'll be 30 when the season starts. He's going into year 7. He has 1 career INT. 

He's started in 17 career games in 6 seasons. He's a backup, special teams player. If you have him starting your roster is trash. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's Facyson. He'll be 30 when the season starts. He's going into year 7. He has 1 career INT. 

He's started in 17 career games in 6 seasons. He's a backup, special teams player. If you have him starting your roster is trash. 

Kid, wake up. Draft OL and then sign one of Xavier Howard / Adoree Jackson

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kid, wake up. Draft OL and then sign one of Xavier Howard / Adoree Jackson

Listen girl, that's fine. I've been outspoken on taking Oline at 13. I'm simply saying CB is a need and the position is not as deep, so don't be shocked when they take a CB.   

But stop trying to fan girl on a guys name you can't even spell telling he can be a good starter. We've seen him start.

And now you're switching to two high risk vets coming off career worst years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Man, I would be absolutely apoplectic if we drafted him in the 2nd. 

Wouldn’t be overly thrilled with him at really any point really, but I can accept dart throws in the mid-late rounds. A 2nd though…

I actually think the Falcons would be a good landing spot for Rattler. He can develop behind Cousins for however many years and then potentially take over once Kirk's time in Atlanta is over. He doesn't really have a place here in LV.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If we took Rattler in round 2, I'm immediately going full McZeigler level hate on this staff before the season starts and will pound the hell out of it until they're rightfully fired. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we took Rattler in round 2, I'm immediately going full McZeigler level hate on this staff before the season starts and will pound the hell out of it until they're rightfully fired. 

I’ve been for the most part optimistic about what’s been going on, but can definitely see the negative perspective that others have indicated towards the current regime.  

Drafting Rattler in round 2  would be a serious dealbreaker for me though.