2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Literally no one is going to listen to you about quarterbacks ever again. 

That’s fine. The fact is Caleb will go #1 if not solely based on star power. It’s just like Zion Williamson, flawed prospect for sure, but the talent was obvious and he’s must see tv. Caleb will energize whatever franchise and fanbase he goes to. Whether he is elite or crashes and burns, everyone will be watching. And ticket sales, jersey sales, etc will be through the roof. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If Caleb puts up another 45~ TDs this year I very much think this exact same thing. Yes he has flaws, everyone does. But some of the things he does on the field is just so far above what anyone else can do. 

He is very similar to Mahomes as a prospect. Gun slinger that free lances and has a lot of bad habits simply because he can get away with things due to his mobility, arm talent, and ability to create out of structure. A lot of scouts questioned how Mahomes game would translate because of his bad habits but he was just too talented so he can still get away with a lot but obviously Reid helped him clean up a lot. 

Mahomes success has definitely helped Caleb’s case a lot too because the NFL is a copycat league. 

Maye is a great prospect as well but I just can’t see anyone passing on the chance to take Caleb. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That’s fine. The fact is Caleb will go #1 if not solely based on star power. It’s just like Zion Williamson, flawed prospect for sure, but the talent was obvious and he’s must see tv. Caleb will energize whatever franchise and fanbase he goes to. Whether he is elite or crashes and burns, everyone will be watching. And ticket sales, jersey sales, etc will be through the roof. 

Honestly you are totally right here. I can’t argue that. He will be someone that fanbase gets incredibly hype about. While I may like Maye more, I would be very excited about Caleb. He’s a fun prospect and has the ability to boom in a big way. I do still think from a perspective of gameplay he is overrated for what all of the talk had been. That being said there is now a chance he becomes underrated with how things are tilting. Will be fun to watch and I’ll be happy with either of these top two or even JJ if both are off the board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Honestly you are totally right here. I can’t argue that. He will be someone that fanbase gets incredibly hype about. While I may like Maye more, I would be very excited about Caleb. He’s a fun prospect and has the ability to boom in a big way. I do still think from a perspective of gameplay he is overrated for what all of the talk had been. That being said there is now a chance he becomes underrated with how things are tilting. Will be fun to watch and I’ll be happy with either of these top two or even JJ if both are off the board. 

The hype was just so high for Caleb anything outside of the greatest college football season ever was going to be a disappointment. We’ll see if he lives up to the hype in the NFL. Either way the Raiders are going to be in great spot to acquire their franchise QB this off-season, hopefully we can make the most of it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The hype was just so high for Caleb anything outside of the greatest college football season ever was going to be a disappointment. We’ll see if he lives up to the hype in the NFL. Either way the Raiders are going to be in great spot to acquire their franchise QB this off-season, hopefully we can make the most of it. 

That’s the hope. We need to for once let cost not be a factor and secure our guy. Especially if we are picking top ten this year. 

I have no issue with Williams talent. A lot of his mistakes are the result of trying to play hero ball. I do think he has some work to do in the pocket. 

I am concerned with his maturity level. He does not come off as a likable guy. Poor sport (not shaking hands post game), seems very entitled. These types worry me when money is involved. The diva QB is the worst. 

People need to stop the Mahomes comparisons. He's more Kyler Murray on a Hurts frame. 

• Like 3

Caleb just needs to learn when to just take what the defense is giving him. He tends to hold onto the ball way to long in hopes of his WRs break free and run lose and create the big play. The coaching he gets needs to teach him patience. 

Was watching some Penix clips and dude might have the strongest arm in this class. He launches that thing with ease. If he wasn’t 24(my old red flag 🚩) I think he would be higher and closer to Caleb and Maye. Whatever offense lands him needs to be creative and not just force him to play under center .

JJ is a QB I’m starting to like a lot more. Can’t wait to watch him against Penn State and Ohio State. He does a good job using his legs to open things up in the offense and extend the plays. He’s been getting NFL coaching. Has improved every year. Has shown to be able to make some tight window throws. His stock will continue to rise 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Caleb just needs to learn when to just take what the defense is giving him. He tends to hold onto the ball way to long in hopes of his WRs break free and run lose and create the big play. The coaching he gets needs to teach him patience. 

Was watching some Penix clips and dude might have the strongest arm in this class. He launches that thing with ease. If he wasn’t 24(my old red flag 🚩) I think he would be higher and closer to Caleb and Maye. Whatever offense lands him needs to be creative and not just force him to play under center .

JJ is a QB I’m starting to like a lot more. Can’t wait to watch him against Penn State and Ohio State. He does a good job using his legs to open things up in the offense and extend the plays. He’s been getting NFL coaching. Has improved every year. Has shown to be able to make some tight window throws. His stock will continue to rise 

I agree,  I see JJ as the QB who's stock shoots up after the season is over and he starts being looked at as a must get in the top 10 pick or he's gone.

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I really believe this is tougher to do than said.
If youre a gun slinger, even on 3rd and 3, if you think you see a TD play youre going to take it even if that underneath pass is open. 
Once they learn to take the underneath, you start seeing less and less deep shots overall, because they always a bit riskier. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I agree,  I see JJ as the QB who's stock shoots up after the season is over and he starts being looked at as a must get in the top 10 pick or he's gone.

Good. We will likely pick top 10. I want him to absolutely ball vs Penn State/Ohio State and in the CFB playoffs. 3 qb's.

Harrison, Fashanu, Bowers, and a few other non qb's will go top 10. We can capitalize and get one of the 3 qb's.

People forget these QB prospects are 22-21 years old. Caleb isn’t a perfect player but he is so young. The key when looking for players is a combo of traits, flashing ability, being good on college. Someone doesn’t have to dominate in college but it’s a red flag if they suck. Nit picking a 21 year old is foolish. Getting a good prospect when a good system / coaching is key. A player can hit his ceiling in the pros if they are in the right situation and coaching helps them realize their potential. Too many good prospects go to flawed coaching and never realize their potential. Have to bring in the right coach to pair the QB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

If Jacobs is gone next year and Zeus ain't it, should we target Audric Estime in the 2nd?

Zamir has been such a disappointment. Pure JAG territory.

I think JJ is gone (I hope we don't pay big $ to an RB off a down season) so I hope we address it in rounds 2-4. I want an RB with some speed!