2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Did a mock without trading back at all (that's where things get nutty).

19. Cooper DeJean | DB | Iowa
42. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo
52. Sedrick Van Pran | IOL | Georgia
83. Kiran Amegadjie | OT | Yale 
92. Braelon Allen | RB | Wisconsin
116. Junior Colson | ILB | Michigan
161. Zak Zinter | IOL | Michigan
180. Keith Randolph Jr | IDL | Illinois
211. Dylan Laube | RB | New Hampshire

Relatively straightforward.

Does Kiran compete with Walker, or play in side?

I assume Van Pran plays RG and swings to C in 2025?

Braelon Allen replaces Dillon I assume?

I like the Zinter pick, he had a leg injured against Ohio State in November and I wonder when he'll be cleared to play.

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

Does Kiran compete with Walker, or play in side?

Let him come long at LT IMO. He's a pure LT for me. He'll probably go well before 83 in the real draft. 

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I assume Van Pran plays RG and swings to C in 2025?

I could see him not even starting day one. Just depends on what JRJ costs and what Rhyan does in camp. He's Myers replacement tho. 

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Braelon Allen replaces Dillon I assume?

For the most part, yes. He's not AJD in the pass block game but that's why I drafted Laube too. Laube's a 3rd down back all day in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I like the Zinter pick, he had a leg injured against Ohio State in November and I wonder when he'll be cleared to play.

Zinter is the future RG when he's healthy and SVP is the C. You can pup him if necessary and let him come back at full strength. There's a chance we don't need any of those 3 OL draft picks to play in 2024 other than injury. That's fine by me. Let them develop and hit their ceilings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm all aboard the Sedrick Van Pran train.

So @beekay414, I take it you like Braelon Allen?  I can't yet decide what I think of him.

I think he's fine. He's still just turning 20. Think he was miscast in the Longo system but he's got long speed while being a bellcow back. Just not sure he'll ever be a plus in the pass game, blocking or otherwise. They tried but it was like 3 yards per catch lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody know who Wesley Steinberg is? He's reporting that Caleb Williams is waiting to declare until he gets assurances the Bears will trade the #1 pick.

Dov Kleiman's deranged uncle?

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody know who Wesley Steinberg is? He's reporting that Caleb Williams is waiting to declare until he gets assurances the Bears will trade the #1 pick.

If this is true, LMFAO. 

Williams has to declare by January 15th ( or around then).