2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

59 minutes ago, Mox said:

If we go EDGE/OL/S/RB with 4/5 top 100 picks, I'll be happy.

I'd put slot corner in there, maybe outside corner too.............and ILB.

My top 5 are S, RB, ILB, slot CB, C/G, with an outside corner and a second safety as possibilities. For the safeties I like Tyler Nubin, Jaden Hicks and Tykee Smith (I like Smith even though he may miss the height requirement of the Packers). I wouldn't mind if the Packers got a versatile T/G prospect instead of a C/G.

Edge, pure OT, DT/NT would all be nice, but are not pressing needs.

I think edge is a more important need than people realize.

LVN stopped playing edge halfway through this season and instead converted to a traditional hand in the dirt DE next to Presto Smith. I've had that as his best position since he was drafted, to be honest. He's got the size and the frame to play DE, and that's where his game translates best. 

Now, who knows what's going to happen once a new DC steps in the door. But if they stick with some variation of the defense they're currently running, they need a replacement for Smith. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

LVN stopped playing edge halfway through this season and instead converted to a traditional hand in the dirt DE next to Presto Smith. I've had that as his best position since he was drafted, to be honest. He's got the size and the frame to play DE, and that's where his game translates best. 

Now, who knows what's going to happen once a new DC steps in the door. But if they stick with some variation of the defense they're currently running, they need a replacement for Smith. 

Also, you can't count on Enagbare next year with his ACL recovery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReasonablySober said:

That is a good point if Van Ness is mostly a DE going forward. A shame it is a pretty average draft year for edge guys.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

8 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

bGcQXlQ.png

I don't think this is remotely realistic, but I'd be pretty happy to add a handful of my top options without needing to trade up. 

PFF hates Cooper Beebe for some reason. They had him listed around 150 or so, looks like he moved up to 98. I guess I don't get it. I see him as a 2nd round pick for someone.

Edited by Tperk

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

PFF not liking an OL doesn't even register as a blip on my things to be concerned about for a OL prospect.

I actually rely on their OL content quite a bit when I start looking at those guys. Not saying that is the right thing to do at all, but my gut instinct was their ranks were actually good. 

Now I'm curious to see what their track record is like on projecting OL into NFL. Might be trash, I'm not sure.

9 hours ago, Mox said:

If we go EDGE/OL/S/RB with 4/5 top 100 picks, I'll be happy.

This would be a good way to go. I was all in on needing DL but I think Gute thinks a year ahead of us unless dire need dictates. Preston Smith’s time may be coming close to and end and Enedgbare may not be ready for a while next year. Hoping Cox and Vaness can be real. 

I also think safety I a bigger need but like some of the guys who may be around round 3 and after. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

This would be a good way to go. I was all in on needing DL but I think Gute thinks a year ahead of us unless dire need dictates. Preston Smith’s time may be coming close to and end and Enedgbare may not be ready for a while next year. Hoping Cox and Vaness can be real. 

I also think safety I a bigger need but like some of the guys who may be around round 3 and after. 

I rather we sure up the safety position in FA. This is a strong safety FA class and should be able to get a solid guy back there for 5-10m

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I rather we sure up the safety position in FA. This is a strong safety FA class and should be able to get a solid guy back there for 5-10m

Oh, I agree with that too. There’s just no guarantee either way we can fill that need. I only mention it due to a few safety prospects that I think are underrated. 

It was also my point about Gute looking two years out (although I didn’t explain why)… fire need dictates he does something NOW at safety and FA should be the first option.

3rd round potential safeties… too lazy to look up names  lol

Cole? Utah

Washing State

other safety from U-Miami