2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just started peeking at CBs.  First impression is I really like how Kool Aid tackles.  I think he is very handsy though, and I am concerned that he may not get away with some of that contact in the NFL.  Even in his highlights, there is a lot of hand fighting during routes and some very close to PI pass break-ups.  I think I like Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw better than Kool Aid right now.  

Arnold and Mitchell are very much in play at pick 25 IMO

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Arnold and Mitchell are very much in play at pick 25 IMO

Mitchell I really want to see the workout numbers for.  I am getting a little SJC vibe out of him.  Both had a ton of pass break-ups and were good tacklers in college.  SJC just wasn't fast enough.  I see in a scouting report that Mitchell is fast, but even in the short highlights I watched, I am not seeing elite speed in games.

*Again, all of my takes are off of a couple minute youtube highlight clips so far.  Nowhere near making any definitive statements about any player at this point.   

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Mitchell I really want to see the workout numbers for.  I am getting a little SJC vibe out of him.  Both had a ton of pass break-ups and were good tacklers in college.  SJC just wasn't fast enough.  I see in a scouting report that Mitchell is fast, but even in the short highlights I watched, I am not seeing elite speed in games.

*Again, all of my takes are off of a couple minute youtube highlight clips so far.  Nowhere near making any definitive statements about any player at this point.   

SJC   -   St.Johns College, Social Justice Centre ?

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Some of you are gonna hate this but we're absolutely going to take a second round WR this year.

Little early in the morning to be drinking isn't it. 

4 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I think, depending on who the new DC is, Cooper may be a strong option at #25.

Still so early in the process. Most places I've seen have him gone before 25

Jeremiah is the first guy who has McKinstry that far down the board. I'm no scout, don't pretend to be, but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid on this kid. He never seemed athletic enough when I watched Alabama play. Second round seems appropriate in my very amateur opinion. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Jeremiah is the first guy who has McKinstry that far down the board. I'm no scout, don't pretend to be, but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid on this kid. He never seemed athletic enough when I watched Alabama play. Second round seems appropriate in my very amateur opinion. 

Interesting. Most places I've seen don't have an off ball linebacker in round one. Jeremiah is the only one I've seen so far with Cooper that high.

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

• Like 1