2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Love the Mizzou guys hype!  Draft all of them and I will be as happy as an Arkansas fan when you tell him, even though it is called a "tooth" brush he can brush all three of his teeth with the same toothbrush.   BUT....

Still think that we really want to pay attention to the weight and 40 time of Rakestraw.  I am concerned with his play style translating at his listed weight of 188.  And if he has gained weight, is he still fast? 

I think that goes like triple for the other corner, Kris Abrams-Draine.  

Darius Robinson to the Packers specifically is just a crowded DL rotation.  We already pay Preston and Gary, and used a first on LVN last season.  We have good interior rushers in Wyatt and Brooks.  We have good plugs in Clark and Slaton.  Can we improve on the line? Sure.  Do we need a first round investment to replace Colby Wooden? I don't think we really do.  

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Surprised I haven't seen a bit more chatter about Darius Robinson to the Packers at 25. He's a Gutey wet dream prospect. 

• Freak/Very good athlete (likely going to blow up the combine and have a very high RAS)
  • Late bloomer in terms of college production - something Gutey really doesn't care about in round 1, especially for pass rushers (see Gary/Van Ness)
  • Perfect 4-3 DE/Big EDGE fit for Hafley - in a weak class overall (a lot of the better EDGE guys much lighter)

Only non-Gutey trait I see with Robinson is age (already 23), but he broke that trend with Wyatt a few years ago. I think if Robinson is there at 25 (and he might not be after his workout), he's one of my early favorites for the pick based on what Gutey goes for in round 1. 

I'm with you on this.  I think it's going to be either him or DeJean (whoever is there), although depending on how Robinson tests they could both be gone by 25.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

CB/S Cooper De Jean, CB Quinyon Mitchell, DL Jer'Zhan Newton, DL Byron Murphy, C JP-J, T/G Troy Fautanu, OT Taliese Fuaga, Edge Laiatu Latu. lots of these guys will be gone by #25, but maybe not ALL of them.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

ESPN's MIller has 16 guys with first round grades

Quarterback (3)
Caleb Williams, USC (No. 1) Comp: Aaron Rodgers
Jayden Daniels, LSU (No. 5) Comp: Lamar Jackson
Drake Maye, North Carolina (No. 6) Comp: Justin Herbert

Wide receiver (4)
Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State (No. 2) Comp: A.J. Green
Malik Nabers, LSU (No. 3) Comp: Stefon Diggs
Rome Odunze, Washington (No. 4) Comp: Ja'Marr Chase
Brian Thomas Jr., LSU (No. 16) Comp: Tee Higgins

Tight end (1)
Brock Bowers, Georgia (No. 10) Comp: George Kittle

Offensive tackle (3)
Joe Alt, Notre Dame (No. 😎 Comp: Andrew Thomas
Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State (No. 11) Comp: Terron Armstead
Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State (No. 12) Comp: Darnell Wright

Edge rusher (2)
Dallas Turner, Alabama (No. 9) Comp: Josh Allen
Jared Verse, Florida State (No. 14) Comp: Trey Hendrickson

Defensive tackle (1)
Byron Murphy II, Texas (No. 13) Comp: Justin Madubuike

Cornerback (2)
Terrion Arnold, Alabama (No. 7) Comp: Devon Witherspoon
Ennis Rakestraw Jr., Missouri (No. 15) Comp: Tre'Davious White

I wouldn't be upset if the Packers used their excess draft capital to try and come away with Arnold and Rakestraw.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Love the Mizzou guys hype!  Draft all of them and I will be as happy as an Arkansas fan when you tell him, even though it is called a "tooth" brush he can brush all three of his teeth with the same toothbrush.   BUT....

Still think that we really want to pay attention to the weight and 40 time of Rakestraw.  I am concerned with his play style translating at his listed weight of 188.  And if he has gained weight, is he still fast? 

Darius Robinson to the Packers specifically is just a crowded DL rotation.  We already pay Preston and Gary, and used a first on LVN last season.  We have good interior rushers in Wyatt and Brooks.  We have good plugs in Clark and Slaton.  Can we improve on the line? Sure.  Do we need a first round investment to replace Colby Wooden? I don't think we really do.  

You can never have enough pass rushers.

• Like 1

Preston is 31 and probably is done with us after this year assuming he even stays on this season. I hope we keep him but he might be a little bit of a fish out of water in the new defense and gives us $12m in cap relief as a post-June 1 cut. Still think he'll sticks this season but wouldn't shock me if he doesn't. 

I agree on the combine being big for Rakestraw. That's really the only thing holding me back from putting him up with my big 3 at CB. 

• Like 1

Enagbare will probably be out for several weeks at the start of the season which leaves us with Preston, LVN, Gary, and Cox for edge guys.  Unless they think Cox is going to be really good then I imagine Robinson would be a big upgrade there, plus he can play DT so that gives them even more options to use him in different situations.  I'm guessing this will be Preston's last year so getting a jump on his a replacement wouldn't be a bad idea, anyway.  And like @beekay414 said, you can't have too many pass rushers, and Robinson is also no slouch against the run.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why is everyone forgetting about Kool-Aid?

I don't think anyone's forgetting about him. He's just a bit below a few other guys. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if six DBs (including him) are gone by #25. 

Given the visits I've read so far, I think the Packers realize it too.