2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He a fat guy who caught a TD pass and Texas raved about his athleticism, which clearly turns out to be false. He's a mid-round guy and anybody who takes him before round 4 is a fool IMO. 

5.27 at 366 isn't athletic? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

6' 1" Ahmad Carroll IMO. 

His game is nothing like Ahmad Carroll, Kool-Aid is one of the more tech sound corners I've seen come out. It's his overall game outside of coverage that knocks him down, now injury too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I honestly don't get the love obsession with T'Vondre Sweat. 

Me either.  Watched him yesterday.  Dude is fat.  What's a big fat run plugger worth?  Wouldn't spend anything more than a late 4th on him.  If that.  Honestly not interested in him at all. 

Edited by Scoremore

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I'd be very interested in the data on how frequently these injuries re-occur. Minus that info....I'd be wary.

Just reading up about it.  The fact that he needs surgery means it's pretty severe.  1 in 3 people the bone never heals.  Non union.  Yah medicals will be important on this guy.  Personally I'd just pass unless he falls way down the board.  Always think it's usually a mistake to gamble on injured players.  Same goes for DeJean.  Broken tibia and possible muscle nerve damage.  Can't just assume these guys make it back 100%.  

Remember having similar discussions about Caleb Farley.  Total bust.  Caught a lot of heat by some on this board at the time.  Well where is his career now?

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/titans-cb-caleb-farley-keeping-the-faith-despite-heartbreak-lingering-health-issues

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Just reading up about it.  The fact that he needs surgery means it's pretty severe.  1 in 3 people the bone never heals.  Non union.  Yah medicals will be important on this guy.  Personally I'd just pass unless he falls way down the board.  Always think it's usually a mistake to gamble on injured players.  Same goes for DeJean.  Broken tibia and possible muscle nerve damage.  Can't just assume these guys make it back 100%.  

Remember having similar discussions about Caleb Farley.  Total bust.  Caught a lot of heat by some on this board at the time.  Well where is his career now?

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/titans-cb-caleb-farley-keeping-the-faith-despite-heartbreak-lingering-health-issues

Caleb Farley had a microdiscectomy. Comparing that to a foot fracture is a bit, no a lot, of a stretch. 

• Like 1

Man, having a new DC is really harshing my buzz for the whole draft process. Not knowing what exactly we are going to run or how our current players might fit into it doesn't help me pretend to be smart and "know" what we might want or need. I don't like it one bit. 

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Caleb Farley had a microdiscectomy. Comparing that to a foot fracture is a bit, no a lot, of a stretch. 

He actually had two of them.  Missing the point though.  Point is you can't assume after a major injury that these guys are going to come back the same.  Jones fracture is a pretty damn serious injury for a corner.  3-4 month recovery and a 1 in 3 chance the bone doesn't heal.  Now the Farley injury was really damn severe.  #22 overall and he busted out because of it.  Said he'd be off my board.  I'd pull up all the blowback I received on that one.  But I'm too lazy.  

Kool Aid wouldn't touch him until the 4th round at the earliest.  De Jean don't know how he'll come back either.  Medicals are really important.  He's supposed to workout sometime in April before the draft.  So a proper eval can be done.  We'll see.  If the injury robs him of his speed and explosiveness he's gonna drop.  At least in his case teams will know what they are dealing with. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

83. #Clemson CB Nate Wiggins Height: 6-1 3/8 Weight: 173 Arm: 30 4/8 Hand: 9 Wingspan: 74 2/8

Wiggins is much smaller than expected, wow. He's now a size outlier. I was thinking he'd come in at 190. 

Wasn't sold the Packers would love his tackling skills/willingness anyways. Very good cover guy, but wonder if he'd be a Hafley guy.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Wasn't sold the Packers would love his tackling skills/willingness anyways. Very good cover guy, but wonder if he'd be a Hafley guy.

Well with that size he's not a "Gute guy" so we don't have to wonder lol. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

5.27 at 366 isn't athletic? 

Yeah, the problem with a lot of existing models (like RAS) is that the fact that a 366 guy can run 40 lbs in a straight line without having to stop and catch his breath is itself somewhat exceptional.  We've seen behemoth DTs sort of flop (e.g. Terrance Cody) but Vita Vea is pretty good.  The hope with Sweat for whoever drafts him is to get him to drop like 25 lbs and be the next Vea.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well with that size he's not a "Gute guy" so we don't have to wonder lol. 

So I can officially cross him off my non-existent draft board? Good. Makes things easier.