2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

54 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure we need it but if the Packers are looking to "replace" the Lazard fit, Johnny Wilson may be the guy on Day 3. 

I don't see him being as physical as Lazard. He doesn't look like an overly eager blocker. 

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Same thing they said about Devonte Smith and Jalen Waddle coming out of Alabama. Before him, it was DeSean Jackson who was too small.

It's hard to hit a guy you can't catch. 

Nah 165 soaking wet.  He's gonna bust out.  Fast is great but he's not going to be able to take a hit.  That would be a hard pass for me.  John Ross all over again. Cincy picked this guy #9 overall.  What a waste.  Someone will be enamoured with his speed and he'll get overdrafted.  They will regret it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure we need it but if the Packers are looking to "replace" the Lazard fit, Johnny Wilson may be the guy on Day 3. 

I'm perfectly fine with Heath in that role.  We really don't need to add a WR at all.  It will be a real conundrum if a stud falls in our laps.  This is probably the only year I can ever remember that we are so deep at the position.  Ridiculously deep.  

• Like 2

To have keon coleman, brian thomas jr and adonai mitchell dropping to us in the first round blows my mind. 

I like a lot of guys who will go in that 30-40 pick range. It really is a bummer how many games the jets won this year! Id be looking to get 36 and 40 from washington. 

Im probably trading down. This draft class is one to remember at rb, wr, and cb imo. 

• Like 1

Looking at the OL measurements. Some big dudes this year.  I know there are mocks with us taking a lot of defense but this is a good year to get a nice talent infusion on that line. Hope we have one relatively high and then a solid upside guy late. 

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Looking at the OL measurements. Some big dudes this year.  I know there are mocks with us taking a lot of defense but this is a good year to get a nice talent infusion on that line. Hope we have one relatively high and then a solid upside guy late. 

You can probably ignore guys over 320 though. Packers haven't drafted any OL guys over that threshold. Whether that's a rule or just coincidence idk. 

29 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

We aren't drafting Xavier Worthy, nor should we.  It's cool that he broke the 40 record, but let's be realistic here.

He's the second best WR in this draft from the University of Texas.  The other guy is more what the Packers are looking for.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Nah 165 soaking wet.  He's gonna bust out.  Fast is great but he's not going to be able to take a hit.  That would be a hard pass for me.  John Ross all over again. Cincy picked this guy #9 overall.  What a waste.  Someone will be enamoured with his speed and he'll get overdrafted.  They will regret it. 

You are right he will now move up because of his 4.21, but that does not equate to a bust. I fear he's sitting there at 32 and the Chiefs take him. 

John Ross busted because he sucked at football. You cannot say the same thing about this kid and be taken seriously. 

DeVonta Smith Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Jordan Addison Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is the guy teams are going to ding because he doesn't run fast enough?

That's more than fast enough given his size.  He's a top 10 prospect pretty easily.

12 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I'd be more worried about Worthy's hand size than 10-15 lbs. 

Both are red flags. IIRC, he was dinged up quite a bit in college and his hands were suspect.

• Like 1