2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And if you are going to do it, do it right.

Paul Bearer Oh Yes GIFs | Tenor

I save that one for something more emphatic.  

Back to draft prospects.  If you liked Ty Montgomery, Purdue's Tyrone Tracy is a similar player.  Started his career at Bryan Bulaga Tech as a WR.  I think that I still prefer Will Shipley as a pass catching RB a little more, but Tracy is a player with some skills.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Thought this was interesting. 

I don't understand how some guys who didn't do any drills are on this list, while others who didn't do any drills aren't on here. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't understand how some guys who didn't do any drills are on this list, while others who didn't do any drills aren't on here. 

Those eliminations might be purely size based 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Hyde was so misused here.  Slot corner who had little acceleration and top end speed.  

Tale as old as time.  3rd and medium?  Run your slot across the field against Hyde.  He could never keep up.  

Very good ball skills, though.  Always thought he was football smart.

Just knew he would be a better safety.  And I had no idea he would be THAT good as a safety.

Sadly, neither did the Packer's defensive "brains".   Total misuse of the guy and he certainly showed it with Buffalo.

I remember a few years ago at the draft Gutey saying something like there's only so many blue chip difference-makers in each draft, and you have to take your opportunities to get them when you can. Granted, he was talking about Savage, and that didn't work out, but it does seem to reflect his approach at the top of the draft, whether it's Gary, LVN, or trading up for Watson. I don't follow these guys as closely as others, but it does seem like Dejean is one of those high-ceiling difference maker types. I'd be curious to know who else might fit that bill at #25.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Size, mostly.   The Packers aren't drafting short WRs or DBs and they aren't drafting anybody who's 165 lbs, no matter what.

48 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I remember a few years ago at the draft Gutey saying something like there's only so many blue chip difference-makers in each draft, and you have to take your opportunities to get them when you can. Granted, he was talking about Savage, and that didn't work out, but it does seem to reflect his approach at the top of the draft, whether it's Gary, LVN, or trading up for Watson. I don't follow these guys as closely as others, but it does seem like Dejean is one of those high-ceiling difference maker types. I'd be curious to know who else might fit that bill at #25.

I think Watson was more a case of knowing that the run on WRs was going to end before he could pick one at 53. 

But I do think if he wants a difference maker at DB he's probably going to need to trade up. Gonna be a legit drop off after the first four-five CBs come off the board, all of them likely by #25.

1 hour ago, The Truth said:

My Dejean comp, Harrison Smith, if his health checks out I would be happy to have him at #25. 

How about Ron Hallstrom G Iowa

They're not really alike except they're white but sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think if you're drafting Dejean it's to play CB.  He played like one snap at safety in his entire career at Iowa.  People are just saying "he's a safety" because he's like 6'1" 205 and white.

Good god this "white" thing is getting old.  Maybe that's because I'm old but who gives a crap if he is?  Funny, though, didn't they say that about Hyde .. put him at cb?  Look how that turned out.  

Edited by coachbuns