2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is anyone driving the Marshawn Lloyd bandwagon yet?

Started looking at RBs this evening for funsies. Lloyd looks like an absolute dream fit for MLF offense.

I don't hate him, but he isn't one of my favorites either.  Not sure that there is a back that I have looked at and thought "no way" so far.  I don't think any of them are complete, maybe the FSU guy, but they all have a niche, I think.

52 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't hate him, but he isn't one of my favorites either.  Not sure that there is a back that I have looked at and thought "no way" so far.  I don't think any of them are complete, maybe the FSU guy, but they all have a niche, I think.

Ray Davis is complete, all around. 4th rounder.

9 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Ray Davis is complete, all around. 4th rounder.

My favorites are:  Trey Benson, Jaylen Wright, Jon Brooks, and probably Blake Corum.  I think Corum tested really poorly compared to what was expected, pro day will be important for him.  I think Ray Davis and MarShawn Lloyd are a step below these guys as all around backs, probably include Dillon Jonson from Washington in that group.  I think a lot of the rest of the backs have a good niche that can be utilized.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'll just keep saying it...

Will Shipley

I really like him as a receiving threat from the backfield.  Would absolutely love to pair him with a power back.  You could put Shipley out wide with the power back as the single back, or move him in and have the power guy play FB.  We did a little of this with Jones and Dillon, but I feel like Shipley is a better receiver than Jones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's the closest thing to AJ33 in this draft tbh

I think he is more Ty Montgomery or Austin Ekeler than Aaron Jones.  I think the closest guy to Aaron Jones play style is Bucky Irving.  But he has a lot of work to do to prove that he can get there. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's the closest thing to AJ33 in this draft tbh

To be fair, "meh" is how I feel about all the running backs in this class.  Shipley is one of the better ones though.  I don't dislike him, I'm just not all that excited about him I guess. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think he is more Ty Montgomery or Austin Ekeler than Aaron Jones.  I think the closest guy to Aaron Jones play style is Bucky Irving.  But he has a lot of work to do to prove that he can get there. 

If GB can land the next Eckler in RD3/RD4 I sure won't be complaining.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Comparing any of these guys to Jones is a little unfair.  Jones proved himself to be pretty special.  Durability was his only real weakness.

Jones also had like 9.1 RAS.  His jumps were really good, and he has bigger hands than most of the RBs this year.

TBF when comparing prospects to NFL players, nobody is comparing them to their peaks, only the roles they could fill or their play styles. Common misconception. 

Shipley even has Jones's falling down awkwardly on tackles thing down to a science. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm not ever really a fan of guys coming out of Oregon's system. Can't remember the last one that really thrived in the NFL. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is anyone driving the Marshawn Lloyd bandwagon yet?

Started looking at RBs this evening for funsies. Lloyd looks like an absolute dream fit for MLF offense.

Yes, Wright and Lloyd should be the targets to pair with Jacobs. Maaaaybe Bucky Irving but the guy cannot pass block at all, so I'm worried of he ever is truly more than just a gadget guy in the league.

• Like 1