2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just now, ReasonablySober said:

Obviously. I expect old guys to be anti-information. *insert joke about sobriety, or something*

Information if fine, arbitrary information is just a guess. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Information if fine, arbitrary information is just a guess. 

Depends on the lens. 

It's valuable to look at his relative ranks at each position far more than the gross score comparison (which is likely meaningless). 

Was he a higher ranked OG or OT?

That would be more useful.

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Depends on the lens. 

It's valuable to look at his relative ranks at each position far more than the gross score comparison (which is likely meaningless). 

Was he a higher ranked OG or OT?

That would be more useful.

2023: 28th guard
2022: N/A
2021: 11th at tackle
2020: 40th at IOL
2019: 21st at guard

• Like 1

We got the QB, we got the weapons around him, now build the OL that will protect him for a decade.  

I want one of those OL like Brady had, Love sitting back there for days with nobody even close.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This whole off-ball LB class as a whole is a whole lot of prospects leaving a LOT to be desired.

No argument about the collective class.     The collective has no bearing as to whether Cooper is any good -- and I think he is.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's not even remotely true.

I knew someone else would chime in on that one and I wouldn't have to.

Thank you for restoring my faith in this posting community.

With Kinchens having a bad combine, and Nubin a bad Pro Day, who might the Packers have as the highest rated safety? Javon Bullard ran a 4.47 40 at the Combine, but that's all he ran. Jaden Hicks only did broad and vertical. Do they just go with what their rankings were before the combine and throw out the workouts?

17 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

With Kinchens having a bad combine, and Nubin a bad Pro Day, who might the Packers have as the highest rated safety? Javon Bullard ran a 4.47 40 at the Combine, but that's all he ran. Jaden Hicks only did broad and vertical. Do they just go with what their rankings were before the combine and throw out the workouts?

Things I think I know....

The best safety in this class is DeJean.  And it isn't even close.

After that?  Throw all the pro day and combine testing out the window.  Look at the tape and trust what the scouts say.

I still like Nubin best, but I'm not going to fight anyone over that statement.

I feel like Bullock would be a good FS or centerfielder.  Kinchens would as well.

I'm not sure what Bullard is.  Texas has a 3 name kid who looks like he could play a nice strong safety (hitter/box).

There's a kid named Mustafa who has some nice physical traits, but really looks like a specials player for now while he learns how to play safety.  Great mid to end of draft guy.  Kind of ideal there.

20 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Jaylon Carlies...

I might be biased.

36 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think you gotta look at each player in totality.  Film, combine, pro days, character.  Theres a lot things we don't know about these players that teams have access to.  Your favorite prospect may be a lockeroom cancer behind closed doors.  I think the Packers weigh that heavily in their decisions.  

One thing about pro day times is that the reported times might be wildly different than what individual teams have.  Like there was a big deal about Lassiter running 4.61 and 4.63 at UGA's pro day, which is bad for a CB, but other teams had him at 4.5 and 4.51 which is fine.  I'm not sure if this is user error with the stopwatch, or what.

Is this guy on draft boards?

As a freshman at Alabama, Alfano was absent from class and practices in September for unspecified reasons, though Alfano's father tweeted that his absence may have stemmed from Alfano's grandmother, who had been in ill-health at the time.[6] Alfano entered the NCAA transfer portal on September 13, 2019, and Colorado Buffaloes head coach (and former Alabama Crimson Tide defensive backs coach) Mel Tucker announced that Alfano had transferred to Colorado on November 4, 2019.[7] Alabama head coach Nick Saban addressed Alfano's time with the team by saying Alfano, "basically quit."[8] He did not play any games for the Crimson Tide.[9]

Buffaloes head coach Mel Tucker had previously recruited Alfano to Georgia, where Tucker was the Defensive Coordinator at the time.[10] One month after Alfano officially enrolled at Colorado, Buffaloes head coach Mel Tucker left the program to take the same position at Michigan State University, while Alfano's position coach at Colorado, Jimmy Brumbaugh, also left the program the same week to take a coaching job at the University of Tennessee.[11] On May 29, 2020, it was reported that Alfano was no longer enrolled at Colorado and no longer a member of the football team.[12] As of August 19, 2020, Alfano was reinstated to the football team.[13][14]

GJM3AldXUAAeq6J?format=jpg&name=medium

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not sure if this is user error with the stopwatch, or what.

I've always thought it was weird that with the technology we have that teams would still use a stop watch.

There's got to be better ways. 

Why not use HD cameras, record it, count the frames from start to finish and have an accurate time within a hundredth of a second and no hand timed variation?

• Like 1