2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just had a little fun and messed around with a mock draft simulator for S&Gs. Did one where I traded a few times for best value and another where I didn't trade at all. Which one would y'all prefer?

Trades
42. Byron Murphy | IDL | Texas
49. Ennis Rakestraw Jr | CB | Missouri
58. Cooper Beebe | IOL | Kansas State
59. Patrick Paul | OT | Houston
80. Chris Braswell | EDGE | Alabama
88. Will Shipley | RB | Clemson
89. Javon Bullard | SAF | Georgia
91. Trevin Wallace | LB | Kentucky
169. Isaac Guerendo | RB | Louisville
202. Logan Lee | IDL | Iowa
219. Tip Reiman | TE | Illinois
245. Nick Gargiulo | IOL | South Carolina

No Trades
25. Cooper DeJean | DB | Iowa
41. Christian Haynes | IOL | Connecticut
58. Patrick Paul | OT | Houston
126. Tykee Smith | NB | Georgia
169. Elijah Jones | CB | Boston College
219. Dylan McMahon | IOL | NC State
245. Tylan Grable | OT | Central Florida
255. Bub Means | WR | Pittsburgh

Paul's gonna be divisive because he's a little taller than we typically go for but he's a value pick for me at 58/59 in both of those. I don't think he's there IRL at that point come the actual draft (nor will a lot of these guys be where they are in these mocks, obviously). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just had a little fun and messed around with a mock draft simulator for S&Gs. Did one where I traded a few times for best value and another where I didn't trade at all. Which one would y'all prefer?

Trades

No Trades

Paul's gonna be divisive because he's a little taller than we typically go for but he's a value pick for me at 58/59 in both of those. I don't think he's there IRL at that point come the actual draft (nor will a lot of these guys be where they are in these mocks, obviously). 

I'd go with option A. I think there's a real chance the Packers move on from Kenny after this year and Murphy softens that blow. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd go with option A. I think there's a real chance the Packers move on from Kenny after this year and Murphy softens that blow. 

I put thought into that for draft B at 58 with Kris Jenkins still OTB but I worried about the board at OT. Supposed I take Kris Jenkins there but not another OT other than Grable late? You still taking draft A?

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I put thought into that for draft B at 58 with Kris Jenkins still OTB but I worried about the board at OT. Supposed I take Kris Jenkins there but not another OT other than Grable late? You still taking draft A?

Yea closer but still A for me. Like the Rakestraw/Bullard combo plus Braswell on the edge which I think is always an underrated need. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yea closer but still A for me. Like the Rakestraw/Bullard combo plus Braswell on the edge which I think is always an underrated need. 

Yeah I kinda had a feeling the earlier talent would sway opinions but I like the way I ended draft B better. If I could find a way to combined them, it be another 2023 holy ****-esque impact draft lol. 

Bub Means is the 2024 Dontayvion Wicks. Not in the way he plays but in the "how the hell was he a late day 3 pick?"

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trades

No Trades

I like Paul a lot. Developed pass blocker and tested well. But as you said, taller than a typical Packer. 

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You could give us Jenkins at 58 and Mahogany or McCormick in the 3rd

3 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

You could give us Jenkins at 58 and Mahogany or McCormick in the 3rd

Well, in draft B, I had already taken Haynes at 41. So my issue would be more at tackle than IOL. OT falls off pretty substantially after Paul IMO. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, in draft B, I had already taken Haynes at 41. So my issue would be more at tackle than IOL. OT falls off pretty substantially after Paul IMO. 

Ah you’re right, I thought he was at 58. Yeah OT is rough after Paul, I guess it depends on your level of believe in Rasheed Walker if you think Guard and Tackle are worth the capital over defense.

1 minute ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Ah you’re right, I thought he was at 58. Yeah OT is rough after Paul, I guess it depends on your level of believe in Rasheed Walker if you think Guard and Tackle are worth the capital over defense.

I think we're set at tackle tbh. Walker and Tom seem like the guys. I just took Paul for the value. My question was more for others IRT the tackle position. I'm more than content just taking a developmental tackle later or as a priority UDFA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Can you believe Monty Adams is still in the league?  Just signed a modest deal with PIT.  Didn't pan out for GB at all, but heading into his 8th season in the league, it's hard to say he is a terrible player.

The way he played in Green Bay, no I cannot.  But good for him making it work.  

9 hours ago, turf toe said:

Barton seems like your guy, 22yrs old, 6'5 314 lbs and can play all 5 positions, we value versatility and while some think his best position could be center, he's played plenty at Guard and tackle, at slot 25 he seems a solid choice.

LOVED his tape. He showed his physicality and effort combined with good movement and athleticism. However it seems pretty likely that his best position will be in the interior in the NFL.

Everything about him screams PACKER. However slot #25 seems way too early for him. More likely 2nd round I would think.

He's a guy that's going to end up in the NFC North. I can see Detroit and the Vikings liking him too.

Edited by Chili

Been doing some heavy duty scouting on LB's.  One intrigued me.  Bobby Boucher from South Central Lousiana Mud Dogs.  #9.  He's one hell of a player think we should take him at #25 if he drops. 

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/0/0c/The_waterboy_1998_926x1370_338331.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140311125749&path-prefix=protagonist

Scouting report...

https://medium.com/@dwily/sports-movie-scouting-report-bobby-boucher-d44a58300a84

He's got Packer written all over him.  

Edited by Scoremore