2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

NFL Draft Profile: Caleb Williams, Quarterback, USC Trojans - Visit NFL ...

Sadly, I don't think he will bust, but if there is an organization who can screw it up, it's the Bears. 

That picture of Caleb, look at the hairline. To me it seems like his hair unscrews from his head like a jam jar. Is he an alien ?

12 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I know I shouldn't let one stupid opinion color a guy's whole body of work. 

But when Chris Simms ranks Marvin Harrison Jr. below Brian Thomas Jr., that's when I check out on everything else the guy says. 

I think he also ranked Ty'Ron Hopper as his 2nd best rated LB. Simms has a lot of those takes. 

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

That was a very underrated defense.  At the time, they had set some kind of NFL defense record that season but I don't recall exactly what it was. Points? TDs allowed? Yards allowed?

That defense doesn't get the credit it should.

I think they allowed the few STDs in a 16-game season

Edit - I said "fewest tds" into talk to text but that error is too hilarious to correct

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think he also ranked Ty'Ron Hopper as his 2nd best rated LB. Simms has a lot of those takes. 

I appreciate he has different takes on guys and has legit reasons for them.   I just view him in a different category than Stephen A and Cowherd and Skip - guys with "hot takes" to get clicks.    

Good chance our very own Dontavion Wicks, Carrington Valentine and Karl Brooks turn out to be significantly better players than the "consensus" top 5-10 players at their positions 

Doesn't seem a giant, outrageous leap to think a guy that had 1000 yards, 17.3 yard average and 17 TDs might be better than Harrison.  I may not agree with that, but that's really not that far-fetched.

42 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

But when Chris Simms ranks Marvin Harrison Jr. below Brian Thomas Jr., that's when I check out on everything else the guy says. 

Doesn't seem a giant, outrageous leap to think a guy that had 1000 yards, 17.3 yard average and 17 TDs might be better than Harrison.  I may not agree with that, but that's really not that far-fetched.

16 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Edit - I said "fewest tds" into talk to text but that error is too hilarious to correct

Practicing safe sex is important too. 

7 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

LSU QB - Jaden Daniels

OSU QB - Kyle "Honda" McCord

Yeah, looking at comparative stats as your basis for giving a guy a higher grade without any other factors really makes it far-fetched. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReasonablySober said:

Harrison will be a great pro and will be drafted accordingly, but if Thomas Jr was there at 25, I'd run that card up there as Goodell announced we are on the clock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Harrison will be a great pro and will be drafted accordingly, but if Thomas Jr was there at 25, I'd run that card up there as Goodell announced we are on the clock.

LOL.  I'm with yah.  I'd have to see the board, for sure, but he would be very hard to pass on.   (Which is better than having a hard on to pass.)

We'd be chasing other real "needs" in the draft, but we have picks to burn for that.  

15 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Hi -- what's the hot take on ENNIS RASTRAW JR. I remember seeing ranked in the first round early one, but seems to have fallen into round 2 now?

Too light for what we typically like, by almost 10 pounds, probably a tad short as well.  He was coming off of surgery at the combine, and improved his numbers a bit at the pro day, but didn't test like a superstar athletically.  Which is a shame, because you have to love how he plays.  But if he is a little bit too light, a little bit too short, and a little bit too slow, how does he make it work at the next level? It certainly doesn't mean he won't get drafted.  But it really hurts his stock.  

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  I'm with yah.  I'd have to see the board, for sure, but he would be very hard to pass on.   (Which is better than having a hard on to pass.)

We'd be chasing other real "needs" in the draft, but we have picks to burn for that.  

is it though?

golddust-wwe.gif

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LSU QB - Jaden Daniels

OSU QB - Kyle "Honda" McCord

Yeah, looking at comparative stats as your basis for giving a guy a higher grade without any other factors really makes it far-fetched. 

If you bother to listen to Chris Simms on this topic you would realize there is more involved to his reasoning than comparative stats...

...or group think.