Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

19 minutes ago, Striker said:

One other thing to consider is that Rodgers only had 94 yards and 1 rushing TD last year vs. 247 and 4 for Love this year. While he probably doesn't quite have the presence that Rodgers has, his mobility is certainly greater at this point.

There's no logical reason to think Aaron would have won more games this year than Love. Love is just simply a better QB right now in their respective careers. 

People just take FORERRREVERRRR to relinquish their loyalty to former stars of their favorite team and it clouds judgement. 

NFL is still a young man's league. Every bit of evidence suggests Love is better than Aaron. It's far more likely we lose 2-3 more games with Rodgers and his style of play if you just did a straight substitution. To have any sort of success. Rodgers needs an absolutely elite pass blocking OL and at least one stud WR. Otherwise he's in shambles and his play style is terrible for today's NFL and his current abilities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

There's no logical reason to think Aaron would have won more games this year than Love. Love is just simply a better QB right now in their respective careers. 

People just take FORERRREVERRRR to relinquish their loyalty to former stars of their favorite team and it clouds judgement. 

NFL is still a young man's league. Every bit of evidence suggests Love is better than Aaron. It's far more likely we lose 2-3 more games with Rodgers and his style of play if you just did a straight substitution. To have any sort of success. Rodgers needs an absolutely elite pass blocking OL and at least one stud WR. Otherwise he's in shambles and his play style is terrible for today's NFL and his current abilities.

I do wonder if the Wilson and Rodgers trades will give teams pause on making big moves for older veteran QBs, especially ones demanding big money. Unless you have exactly the situation Tampa was in with Brady (basically needing a QB who would not throw 30 picks) it doesn't seem like its worth it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Bottom line, people should get to choose what they put in their body. I'd think in the aftermath, it's pretty obvious that should have been the case the case all along. I'm not for or against anyone based on that personal choice. 

I read this...then consider what women in this country are going through....and seriously wonder.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

I do wonder if the Wilson and Rodgers trades will give teams pause on making big moves for older veteran QBs, especially ones demanding big money. Unless you have exactly the situation Tampa was in with Brady (basically needing a QB who would not throw 30 picks) it doesn't seem like its worth it.

Brady was such an outlier case.  Yes he went to a team that was really well stocked with talent.  Brady also was only a couple years removed from a Super Bowl appearance and title.  The other 2 (Wilson and Rodgers) had been 7-10+ years since their last superbowl appearance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Striker said:

I thought it was parody but then I remembered I was doing that thing where I'm giving someone way too much credit and people actually believe that ****.

Credit, If you think you got the true story from the leaders of the world, I have a bridge to sell you! real cheap.

4 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Arrogant idiots like you wouldn’t know a good take if it was right in front of you.

Hard not to agree with this TT.

It's funny that those that hate guys like AR may have some common ground with them and they don't like what they see so they can revile him while being in love with the man in the mirror.

Edited by PACKRULE

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

I read this...then consider what women in this country are going through....and seriously wonder.

The equivalent to that is that these women chose to take part in the action that led to them having a baby. 

Were not talking about un-taking the vaccine or getting the vaccine out of your body. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Striker said:

2024 gonna be a HUGE year to see if the Jets got completely fleeced and scares teams away from aging legends for awhile or not. 

Unless Rodgers has an epiphany (which is possible) and changes his mindset on playing style and his strengths and weaknesses, I think it's going to be a hard year for the Jets next year too.

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Brady was such an outlier case.  Yes he went to a team that was really well stocked with talent.  Brady also was only a couple years removed from a Super Bowl appearance and title.  The other 2 (Wilson and Rodgers) had been 7-10+ years since their last superbowl appearance

I don't think the recent SB history was as important as the ideal landing spot. I really doubt Brady and the Raiders (the supposed first landing spot before Gruden torpedoed it) would have been the near perfect story that the Bucs were for Brady (hell, the team is still good enough to win the South with Mayfield and despite Bowles).

Rodgers had recent MVP level performance and maybe could have found greater success had the Packers sent him somewhere not the Jets (such as the Falcons or Colts, who have top 5 units). Wilson was probably washed wherever he went though.

1 minute ago, Striker said:
41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think the recent SB history was as important as the ideal landing spot. I really doubt Brady and the Raiders (the supposed first landing spot before Gruden torpedoed it) would have been the near perfect story that the Bucs were for Brady (hell, the team is still good enough to win the South with Mayfield and despite Bowles).

Rodgers had recent MVP level performance and maybe could have found greater success had the Packers sent him somewhere not the Jets (such as the Falcons or Colts, who have top 5 units). Wilson was probably washed wherever he went though

It's both things. And both are needed to win a SB in that situation. 

Brady's playing style aged well and he's smart enough to know how to leverage his strengths and hide his weaknesses as he aged. Rodgers and Wilson haven't. 

Additionally, he had a perfect landing spot and enough other smart people around him to complement him and the Bucs in key roles. Brady doesn't travel with guys like an aging Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard to drag down the salary cap. He brought the GOAT TE with him (albeit Gronk was definitely not the player he used to be, he was still productive).

11 minutes ago, Striker said:

Rodgers had recent MVP level performance and maybe could have found greater success had the Packers sent him somewhere not the Jets (such as the Falcons or Colts, who have top 5 units). Wilson was probably washed wherever he went though.

I am not saying the landing spot in comparing the 3 QB is the biggest issue, but the recent QB playoff success.  Brady was a super bowl participant in 4 of the previous 6 seasons.  Wilson had gone 7 seasons and Rodgers had gone 12 seasons.  

If a team with Super Bowl aspirations  is looking to acquire an older QB, that QB had better been having some level of success in the playoffs in getting to that ultimate goal.