Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

there is no way you can blame any of our PO losses on Rodgers, not when we've had the worst ST's in the league and havn't been able to stop teams from running the ball down our throats, and QB's can't over come stuff like that with just one excellent receiver, zipo at TE and a RB that fumbles, or the countless other mis cues that have happened in every play off loss, blaming Rodgers is what lazy fans do

Sure I can.  And I will.  When you pay your QB that much, you expect better play, especially in bigger games.  And the guy flat out didn't produce.  He's paid to cover up warts.

Had he taken Brady type deals, we would have had more money for his "playmakerz" or his specials guys.  But he took so much that we had to do with less.  And he didn't live up to his end of the bargain.

Think of the Chicago game that we won to go to the Super Bowl. 

His best play was tackling Urlacher after a boneheaded interception.

17-30. 244 yards.  2 INTS.  That was his stat line.

If you look at most of his postseason games, even when his stats look good, when you do a deeper dive, a lot of stats came in garbage time that made them look respectable.

Again, you expect more when you have the talent of Aaron Rodgers under center and are paying him as such.

You can call me lazy all you want for my thoughts concerning Rodgers and the playoffs.  

And I can call you a Rodgers worshiper/apologist.

Neither changes the fact that he was the highest paid QB, in GB, on what, 3 separate contracts?  And he's managed to win 7 playoff games and lose 9 games in the playoffs since winning the Super Bowl.

0 for his last 2.  0 for his last 3 if you count the win and get in, at home, against the Lions last year, when the Lions had nothing to play for.

Yeah, I expected more out of him.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Sure I can.  And I will.  When you pay your QB that much, you expect better play, especially in bigger games.  And the guy flat out didn't produce.  He's paid to cover up warts.

Had he taken Brady type deals, we would have had more money for his "playmakerz" or his specials guys.  But he took so much that we had to do with less.  And he didn't live up to his end of the bargain.

Think of the Chicago game that we won to go to the Super Bowl. 

His best play was tackling Urlacher after a boneheaded interception.

17-30. 244 yards.  2 INTS.  That was his stat line.

If you look at most of his postseason games, even when his stats look good, when you do a deeper dive, a lot of stats came in garbage time that made them look respectable.

Again, you expect more when you have the talent of Aaron Rodgers under center and are paying him as such.

You can call me lazy all you want for my thoughts concerning Rodgers and the playoffs.  

And I can call you a Rodgers worshiper/apologist.

Neither changes the fact that he was the highest paid QB, in GB, on what, 3 separate contracts?  And he's managed to win 7 playoff games and lose 9 games in the playoffs since winning the Super Bowl.

0 for his last 2.  0 for his last 3 if you count the win and get in, at home, against the Lions last year, when the Lions had nothing to play for.

Yeah, I expected more out of him.  

2010 is the one year you really can't hold against Rodgers, despite the rough Chicago game.  His other 3 games were all good (Eagles), very good (Steelers), all-time great (Falcons).  And that was before he was making the huge $$$.  

4 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

2010 is the one year you really can't hold against Rodgers, despite the rough Chicago game.  His other 3 games were all good (Eagles), very good (Steelers), all-time great (Falcons).  And that was before he was making the huge $$$.  

It was his worst statistical playoff game.  .4 points worse than his performance against the Seahawks in 2015.

So yeah, I'll hold it against him as his best play was a tackle after an INT.

And I can also say, that the run he was on during the playoffs that year was fantastic.

To me, he still threw the best pass of his career to Jennings on a third and long against the Steelers that pretty much put that game away.  I.  Will.  Never.  Forget.  That.  Play.  And.  That. Throw.

I feel like you are using revisionist history concerning Cobb.  I've written about this before.  Cobb only produced in the scramble drill.  If you look at his big season, about 70% of his yards came off of scramble drills.

false, Cobb ran every route in the tree that year, 7 and 9 routes to slants , back shoulder on the side line, from the LOS to catch point, every receiver scrambles when the route breaks down, or poor blocking causes the QB to scramble, Cobb didn't produce 1300 yrds off scramble routes

25 minutes ago, turf toe said:

I feel like you are using revisionist history concerning Cobb.  I've written about this before.  Cobb only produced in the scramble drill.  If you look at his big season, about 70% of his yards came off of scramble drills.

false, Cobb ran every route in the tree that year, 7 and 9 routes to slants , back shoulder on the side line, from the LOS to catch point, every receiver scrambles when the route breaks down, or poor blocking causes the QB to scramble, Cobb didn't produce 1300 yrds off scramble routes

Go look it up.  Do the research.  I did, once.  And it was when he was set to be a free agent.

And I came to the conclusion that GB would have the best offer for him in the market because of how he produced.  

Rodgers loved to play sandlot ball and Cobb was perfect for him.

And would continue to be as Aaron was going to do that stuff for years due to his athleticism.

Cobb wouldn't be worth nearly as much to someone else, unless they had that scrambling QB and scramble-drill offense.

You can doubt me all you want, but I looked at all his catches and how they came about that year.  It was insanely high how much production he had off of the scramble drill.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Go look it up.  Do the research.  I did, once.  And it was when he was set to be a free agent.

And I came to the conclusion that GB would have the best offer for him in the market because of how he produced.  

Rodgers loved to play sandlot ball and Cobb was perfect for him.

And would continue to be as Aaron was going to do that stuff for years due to his athleticism.

Cobb wouldn't be worth nearly as much to someone else, unless they had that scrambling QB and scramble-drill offense.

You can doubt me all you want, but I looked at all his catches and how they came about that year.  It was insanely high how much production he had off of the scramble drill.

again I don't agree, I was a Cobb guy from the moment we drafted him, and I think your short changing his talent, Cobb didn't need scramble drills to get separation anywhere he ran a route, and he ran all the routes.

this from Acme concerning comparisons to Harvin.

In other words, Harvin didn't just have trouble producing in those routes because his quarterbacks' timing was poor; he simply wasn't getting open very much. This was even more evident on deep routes, on which he had no success rates better than 50%. Cobb, on the other hand, still posts success rates over 80% on corners and posts and over 60% on go (nine) routes.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2015/3/27/8300397/packers-randall-cobb-is-more-than-just-a-shifty-underneath-wide-receiver

Edited by turf toe

Can we go back and look at the final offensive drive against the Cardinals in 2021 (where Sul gets the INT in the endzone)? Most ridiculous series I've ever seen, 0 reason that game shouldn't have been put to bed, and probably a light into the Rodgers problem. Multiple, multiple opportunities to just run a sneak from the 1 inch yard line, not taken, and ending with a shotgun pass from basically the exact goal-line.  

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Because it was a microcosm of Rodgers career for the past 6-7 years.

Especially that game.

Dude couldn't win a big game anymore.  We all wanted more from Rodgers.  And what he wanted was to be the league's MVP and highest paid QB...after he won his one title.  His regular season stats became more important to him than anything else.

We wanted more titles to get him into the conversation as the GOAT.  

I'm so sick of talking about this. We had a good run, time to move on and pray Jordan Love is half as good. I just hope our team is competitive this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Can we go back and look at the final offensive drive against the Cardinals in 2021 (where Sul gets the INT in the endzone)? Most ridiculous series I've ever seen, 0 reason that game shouldn't have been put to bed, and probably a light into the Rodgers problem. Multiple, multiple opportunities to just run a sneak from the 1 inch yard line, not taken, and ending with a shotgun pass from basically the exact goal-line.  

But...but...but......Rodgers didn't have Adams or Lazard

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Rodgers now saying he is willing to play multiple seasons. Not the usual 'will I won't I play another year.'

He loves trolling the Packers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-aaron-rodgers-reveals-new-details-about-future-nfl-plans-qb-hints-at-playing-multiple-seasons-with-team/amp/

It's not fair to the Jets to only play one season. He's pretty much saying his greatness needs to be enjoyed for more than one season by the Jets and their fans. 

I hope he bombs so bad they want to cut him after this year. 

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Rodgers now saying he is willing to play multiple seasons. Not the usual 'will I won't I play another year.'

He loves trolling the Packers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-aaron-rodgers-reveals-new-details-about-future-nfl-plans-qb-hints-at-playing-multiple-seasons-with-team/amp/

Sweet spite. He keeps these kinds of antics up and letting him go will be a net positive no matter how well the successor does in his stead.

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I can't wait for him to have a piss poor game and have to deal with the NY media. He's going to want to crawl out of his own skin and take another hit of ayahuasca. 

So, September 12th it is. Can't wait for the ghouls to come out. 

On 7/20/2023 at 12:32 AM, oldmansmell said:

Why go that far?

8:37 in the 1st quarter in a do-or-die game to go to the playoffs against the Lions. 4th and inches. Nobody lined up in the left side A gap. 

It went to Lazard on a jet sweep. TFL

• Like 3