Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

23 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't know if it's clear-cut but I was always baffled that Payton walked on water while everyone seemed to think that McCarthy should be fired in any given week. 

Payton 152-89, 9-8 playoff record, 0 firings due to mutiny by sulky QB

McCarthy - 155-97-2, 11-10 playoff record, 0 suspensions for violating league policies

Check the number of seasons, without a QB injury, they made the playoffs. One was yo-yoing and the other was there even with the Qb injuries. Payton's teams had years where they flat out sucked, McCarthy had two - rebuilding and Aarond Rodgers getting him fired. He made the playoffs with Flynn playing a lot, I think twice - but one may have been Hundley.

Edited by oldmansmell

On 7/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, packfanfb said:

This isn't hard to understand...at all. This is still a pure "FU Gutey" move by Rodgers. This has always been a multi-step process for Rodgers, starting with forcing the huge contract a few years ago to prove a point, then basically playing his way out of GB last year after 2 MVPs, now showing up to everything in NY and now taking a massive pay cut. The only step left is that Rodgers wants to win a SB with the Jets as a final (in his mind) "see I told you so" to Gute. 

Which is complete bs. F him. He played for the coolest American sports franchise, that is forced to operate differently because of all the things that make them the coolest, and was like I'll stick it to them by giving a bunch of carrots to possibly the lamest one, which hasn't made the playoffs in a decade or seen a championship since the 60's? He's absolutely and completely full of sh%%t. Still the greatest QB talent ever, and an amazing Packer - but I dislike him way more than Favre (prior to the welfare scandals at least). He quit on GB for two seasons, and is now all in for the Jets.

Such vengeful comments. Rodgers was far from perfect, but really ? you are sounding as petty as Favre was with the Packers, after he was sent to the Jets.

I don't wish Rodgers ill, far from it..............and in the unlikely event that this comment causes some to believe I don't like Love, that isn't true either, I'm very enthusiastic for him.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Such vengeful comments. Rodgers was far from perfect, but really ? you are sounding as petty as Favre was with the Packers, after he was sent to the Jets.

I don't wish Rodgers ill, far from it..............and in the unlikely event that this comment causes some to believe I don't like Love, that isn't true either, I'm very enthusiastic for him.

same here, obviously Rodgers didn't like what the FO was doing, I didn't either at times, some of the decisions didn't make a whole lot of sense (hayward, Hyde, Cullen Jenkins, Josh Sitton to name a few).

but it's not as though he's our first twilight of career QB we've had that was unhappy prior to being traded, Favre threatened retirement for about 4 years because he was unhappy with FO decisions lol.

1 minute ago, turf toe said:

same here, obviously Rodgers didn't like what the FO was doing, I didn't either at times, some of the decisions didn't make a whole lot of sense (hayward, Hyde, Cullen Jenkins, Josh Sitton to name a few).

but it's not as though he's our first twilight of career QB we've had that was unhappy prior to being traded, Favre threatened retirement for about 4 years because he was unhappy with FO decisions lol.

Those weren't the moves he was upset about. 

He was upset that we didn't keep his old, over-the-hill friends. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

who Rodgers or Favre? both wanted to keep certain players that where let go, No, I disagree, that was not what actually upset either player, both new the business decisions that had to be made, they where upset because they wanted more skill position players.

5 minutes ago, turf toe said:

who Rodgers or Favre? both wanted to keep certain players that where let go, No, I disagree, that was not what actually upset either player, both new the business decisions that had to be made, they where upset because they wanted more skill position players.

We literally have Rodgers on the record running off a list of dudes who were over the hill. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We literally have Rodgers on the record running off a list of dudes who were over the hill. 

players campaign for team mates all the time, Favre did it for his just like Bart Starr did it in his era, that stuff is more common  then ya think.

did Rodgers do it more? who knows, maybe, but both cared more about improving the receiver room, Favre was very vocal about acquiring Moss, just like Rodgers wanted a high draft pick used on a receiver.

Edited by turf toe

3 hours ago, turf toe said:

players campaign for team mates all the time, Favre did it for his just like Bart Starr did it in his era, that stuff is more common  then ya think.

did Rodgers do it more? who knows, maybe, but both cared more about improving the receiver room, Favre was very vocal about acquiring Moss, just like Rodgers wanted a high draft pick used on a receiver.

He wasn't campaigning for players. He was talking to the media about Gutekunst and Thompson "Not caring for people".

The players he brought up were gone for years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No.  He was upset that they drafted a replacement for him.  His ego couldn't handle that fact, so he went nuclear against everything the front office did.

His pettiness was well known prior to this, and it should have been obvious to everyone that it would result in the last 3 years of tough times between him and Gute in particular.  There was no getting along with Gute and by extension the Packers organization after they dared to draft a new QB rather than someone to "help him" win a SB.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He wasn't campaigning for players. He was talking to the media about Gutekunst and Thompson "Not caring for people".

If not for Rodgers Thompson would still be the GM, and McCarthy would be drawing up more iso vertical pass routes for a bunch of jag receivers, Rodgers initiated changes that where a couple seasons over do in 2018, what did the FO do in support, they drafted 3 bean pole receivers that couldn't tie there own shoe laces.

you guys are upset because he openly told the FO to pull there heads out of there a...

7 minutes ago, turf toe said:

If not for Rodgers Thompson would still be the GM, and McCarthy would be drawing up more iso vertical pass routes for a bunch of jag receivers, Rodgers initiated changes that where a couple seasons over do in 2018, what did the FO do in support, they drafted 3 bean pole receivers that couldn't tie there own shoe laces.

you guys are upset because he openly told the FO to pull there heads out of there a...

Well Ted is dead, so he wouldn't still be the GM. 

Ol Rodg was a legend in his own twisted mind.  The only mistake the FO made was putting up with his cancer as long as they did.

I didn't read the whole thread related to what Payton said but was he wrong?  The coach was no doubt a major if not primary reason for the epic fail they had.  The coaching job at the top terrible.  He also no doubt said it to take some heat off his QB.  So what?  Ol Rodg got his feeling hurt.  If his coach didn't like let him comment on it.  He can't because he really can't counter or disagree with it.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

More importantly those same players never did much when they left Green Bay. We cut bait when we should have. 

• Like 2