Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if there's a real chance the Jets bench Rodgers late in the season to protect their FRP.

Not if they want him to come back in 2024. If they are done with him, then they might. 

But if you listen to all the medial bootlickers, the Jets are a lock for the Super Bowl. 

42 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wonder if there's a real chance the Jets bench Rodgers late in the season to protect their FRP.

Things would have to go completely off the rails to make him a healthy scratch by week 11. My hope is they lose some close ones, win a couple that build some hype and then it all falls apart. We’ll see. I believe we’ll get our FRP but that it will be 20+ which is still great. What happened in the Wilson deal is such a monumental collapse, you can dream but it’s hard to suck that bad and Jets have plenty of talent. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:25 AM, StatKing said:

Show me on the doll where Rodgers touched you. You guys act like he's Henry Ruggs. He got paid a lot of money, big deal. Football is a business.

Did you not see him capitulate in the last 10 playoff runs? Stare down Adams in the San Fran game - which outside of Seattle was the worst loss of his career. He might work with the Jets because they've been so terrible they have a slew of top 10 talent all over their team - the last guy we drafted in the top 10 was Raji (Hawk was next). If he had got to know Doubs and Watson we probably would have had a playoff run last year- there were thee losses I would categorize as inexcusable.

• Like 1

I feel like people might be too high on the Jets just because that 2022 draft was incredible.  If you look at like "every other Jets draft in history" you see some things that are concerning (like they did not get a lot for Moore or Mims and spent SRPs on both, they whiffed on 2 top 3 QBs, and Becton remains a mystery (they really need that dude to show up to play and stay healthy this year.)

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like people might be too high on the Jets just because that 2022 draft was incredible.  If you look at like "every other Jets draft in history" you see some things that are concerning (like they did not get a lot for Moore or Mims and spent SRPs on both, they whiffed on 2 top 3 QBs, and Becton remains a mystery (they really need that dude to show up to play and stay healthy this year.)

Becton looked terrible last week. He was absolutely brutal. No way they can trot him out there as a starter. 

The Jets have to be in conversations to bring somebody over to start at tackle. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Becton looked terrible last week. He was absolutely brutal. No way they can trot him out there as a starter. 

The Jets have to be in conversations to bring somebody over to start at tackle. 

Come get Bak!  The way the Packers have been treating him of late it's almost like they are keeping him in bubble wrap while getting ready to ship him off.  I'm guessing he stays a Packer, but with others showing themselves capable of holding down LT it makes me wonder.

21 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If no chance is a real chance, then yes.

EDIT: That assumes Rodgers stays healthy, which obviously is not a given.  In a situation where Rodgers goes down in week 8(ish) and the Jets fall out of the playoff picture over the next 6 weeks, I expect they would sit him the rest of the way even if he felt healthy enough to play the final few weeks.

Edited by Mazrimiv

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If no chance is a real chance, then yes.

EDIT: That assumes Rodgers stays healthy, which obviously is not a given.  In a situation where Rodgers goes down in week 8(ish) and the Jets fall out of the playoff picture over the next 6 weeks, I expect they would sit him the rest of the way even if he felt healthy enough to play the final few weeks.

Wouldn't that put them in the same kind of situation we were in last year?

Maybe not totally out of it, he's healthy enough to play...and you try to sit him.

As was stated on here at the time, if that happens, I'd expect him to implode that locker room and team.  It would be a quick way assure he won't be back next year.  Then the coach and GM are likely fired.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Come get Bak!  The way the Packers have been treating him of late it's almost like they are keeping him in bubble wrap while getting ready to ship him off.  I'm guessing he stays a Packer, but with others showing themselves capable of holding down LT it makes me wonder.

We actually don't know this yet. We played one preseason game against the opponents second string defense. We saw things we liked in our young tackles, but to say they are ready to replace an all-pro, not sure. 

Love your optimism and do believe there is a potential landing spot in NY for Bak. They are sort of trapped by the Rodgers deal. They have no more than a 2024 - 3rd round pick to offer. Unless teams are willing to wait until 2025 to get their return.