Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Initial costs to switch over and then upkeep and maintenance. Dome stadiums would probably need some sort of lighting and irrigation system in place. 

I'm sure it will be super cheap to make NFL stadiums into grow houses. 

At Miller Park they start in March. They roll out massive sod rolls. They then get a special tractor in place to pull all the seams together and pin it in place. They heat the place to like 80 degrees, they water it constantly and the swap out the regular lights for grow lights. They do this for a month.

Then at the end of the season they tear it all out

Every couple of years they'll have to turn over the soil. And every week they'll have to mow the damn thing. 

Even if it is a break even or slightly net profit position . . . Who wants to do all that work? 

God forbid you've got a concert or a hockey game or some ****. 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't agree with this for reasons I've stated.

I think plenty of owners want this as well.

And for this reason, I think it would be really bad faith negotiating on the part of the owners to extract...something else from it.

Why would it be in bad faith? 

A contract was signed. 

****, we're talking about this like every owner even owns the stadium. For several of them this would probably require a lease amendment with the ******* or jurisdiction who actually owns the building. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm sure it will be super cheap to make NFL stadiums into grow houses. 

At Miller Park they start in March. They roll out massive sod rolls. They then get a special tractor in place to pull all the seams together and pin it in place. They heat the place to like 80 degrees, they water it constantly and the swap out the regular lights for grow lights. They do this for a month.

Then at the end of the season they tear it all out

Every couple of years they'll have to turn over the soil. And every week they'll have to mow the damn thing. 

Even if it is a break even or slightly net profit position . . . Who wants to do all that work? 

God forbid you've got a concert or a hockey game or some ****. 

I guarantee you if 3-4 of the Jets young stars and Rodgers walked into Woody's office and said, we want to play on grass next year. He's going to push to make it happen. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah the Bears field sucks, still have to invest in quality and the Bears do not. 

You guys act like this is easy. 

It's not. Turf rolls don't root immediately.

As much as we **** on Soldier Field, Lambeau still trims their grass real short in the winter which makes it slick so it's not completely ****ed by the end of the season. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I guarantee you if 3-4 of the Jets young stars and Rodgers walked into Woody's office and said, we want to play on grass next year. He's going to push to make it happen. 

So . . . Why aren't they doing this?

The solution here is, and always has been, to convince the owners individually to make this change because it's in the owners' interests.

And then when you've got it to 26ish fields with grass, push to codify it in the CBA. So the owners agree to it. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would it be in bad faith? 

A contract was signed. 

****, we're talking about this like every owner even owns the stadium. For several of them this would probably require a lease amendment with the ******* or jurisdiction who actually owns the building. 

Because if it's something they actually want, pretending they don't is bad faith? This is obvious, right?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Info on teams and what their rental cost/structure is 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/stadium-and-rent-details-for-all-32-nfl-teams/

list of stadiums/teams and playing surface + other variables

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums#:~:text=Although the NFL has 32,Angeles Chargers share SoFi Stadium.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I hate that we pound the Bears, on their home field, and the most active thread is one concerning our traded and now injured QB....and now the surface that the game is played on.

We need more cowbell.  More WE TROUNCED DAH BEARS COWBELL.

We need an artificial turf vs. natural grass thread to the rest of us can talk about Rodgers' comeback. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You guys act like this is easy. 

It's not. Turf rolls don't root immediately.

As much as we **** on Soldier Field, Lambeau still trims their grass real short in the winter which makes it slick so it's not completely ****ed by the end of the season. 

Chicago doesn't put the attention to their field as they should.  I think it's ran by the Chicago Park and Rec or some s*** like that.  If enough people ***** they'll fix it,  but it's normally only a temporary fix.