2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

58 minutes ago, Bcv said:

What are you? The Gatekeeper?

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. I only told him to leave the politics at the door, I don’t see where the problem is with that. 

Just an old guy offering you some sage advice, which you will ignore. 

That Love tweet has been taken way out of context by the internet.  

https://atozsports.com/green-bay/packers-jordan-love-viral-video-is-being-completely-misinterpreted/

The actual video can be found in this link. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jordan-love-fans-flames-packers-bears-rivalry-fathers-day-jab

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

We badly need something football related to talk about….

We are entering the dead zone.   During this time no news is good news.  Guess we could discuss our new kicker.  Sounds like the dude has a leg.  Encouraging reports so far. Maybe the punter battle between Whelan and O'Donnell.  Yah man got nothin'  But I really feel like opening up a discussion about those Burger King adds.  My thumb is getting sore from hitting the mute button everytime they come on. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pretty weak troll...yah have a Happy Father's Day Bears fans.  Prepare to get destroyed.  

41 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

It's going to be a long 6 weeks...Packer news?  Nope got nothing.  I'd like to complain about those obnoxious BK commercials.  Love their burgers but tired of getting blasted by their damn adds.  Maybe if they didn't spend so much on marketing they wouldn't have keep raising their prices.  

Think I'm going to buy some Bud Light and go to a Dodgers game.  Maybe stop at Target for some new duds before I go.  

There that ought to stir up the hornets nest...ha ha ha.  

Happy Fathers Day fellow Packer nerds...

Drinking Bud Light is the only legitimate reason to hate on someone. 

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This makes more sense. I actually wondered if the original poster was a Bears fan and he asked JL to do it but didn’t want to go digging into it. I also forgot he was going to Paris but he mentioned that in his interview. Well, he gets a little taste of being QB1. Anything said in the court of the internet can and will be magnified and used against you so you com3 back from vacation with a million hits on the old tweeter. 

12 hours ago, R T said:

Everyone got it with your first post, you got the chance to grandstand over little to nothing and you took it. Good for you and your look at me moment. You were offended, we all know now. Let's move on from it shall we. 

Edited because the thread is « back on tracks » and let’s not derail it once again. 

love you all

Edited by Bcv

12 hours ago, Scoremore said:

...During this time no news is good news.  Guess we could discuss our new kicker.  Sounds like the dude has a leg.  ....

:):):).  Yeah, lets!  :)Yeah, the leg strength seems to be what stands out.  Accuracy, we'll see.  

As RT has noted, the league-wide kick-return average comes up 1-1.5 yards short of the 25-yard line.  So big-leg booming it into the end-zone is presumably not often what Rich B wants.  So leg strength is relevant only to field-goals, not to kickoffs.  Or am I wrong there?  If two guys are both kicking off to the 1-yard line and forcing a return, does leg strength enable more hang time?  I don't know how that works, actually. 

I've also thought that sometimes late in season, ST coverage deteriorates?  Maybe ST gets increasingly vulnerable to explosive returns late?  Injuries multiply, more new guys sub into ST; and they don't practice much after October.  Plus winter conditions takes some hang-time off of 1-yard-line kickoffs?  I'm wondering whether in December, blasting it into the end-zone actually does become preferable to targeting the 1-yard line, even if over the league season as a whole 1-yard-line kicks are the ideal? 

14 minutes ago, craig said:

:):):).  Yeah, lets!  :)Yeah, the leg strength seems to be what stands out.  Accuracy, we'll see.  

As RT has noted, the league-wide kick-return average comes up 1-1.5 yards short of the 25-yard line.  So big-leg booming it into the end-zone is presumably not often what Rich B wants.  So leg strength is relevant only to field-goals, not to kickoffs.  Or am I wrong there?  If two guys are both kicking off to the 1-yard line and forcing a return, does leg strength enable more hang time?  I don't know how that works, actually. 

I've also thought that sometimes late in season, ST coverage deteriorates?  Maybe ST gets increasingly vulnerable to explosive returns late?  Injuries multiply, more new guys sub into ST; and they don't practice much after October.  Plus winter conditions takes some hang-time off of 1-yard-line kickoffs?  I'm wondering whether in December, blasting it into the end-zone actually does become preferable to targeting the 1-yard line, even if over the league season as a whole 1-yard-line kicks are the ideal? 

With the new fair catch rule, it will change the game because it basically eliminates kicking to the 1-yard line and forcing teams to return the ball that didn't want to return the ball. The next move by the NFL will be to just remove the kickoff from the game if ST's coaches still find a way to force returns.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

We are entering the dead zone.   During this time no news is good news.  Guess we could discuss our new kicker.  Sounds like the dude has a leg.  Encouraging reports so far. Maybe the punter battle between Whelan and O'Donnell.  Yah man got nothin'  But I really feel like opening up a discussion about those Burger King adds.  My thumb is getting sore from hitting the mute button everytime they come on. 

Who is our new kicker?  I haven't been keeping track of the roster changes lately...