2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Mason Crosby was 1-4 (terrible) from kicks where the offense got to between the 33 and 40 yard line last year. 

He was 6-7 (league average) when the offense got to between the 23 and 32 yard line last year. 

His leg declined but they seemed to have finally got the operation working a bit. He was 25/29 and 3 of the 4 misses were 50+ yarders, only one I distinctly remember was a 54 yarder to open up vs. Dallas.  It was clear he doesn't have the big leg anymore and Anders does, but there is a pretty big question mark as to our new guy's accuracy.  I'm not part of the Crosby fan club but having a guy going 24/25 on anything less than 50 yards was pretty nice. 

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I remember feeling good about drafting DL Colby Wooden. It’s cute how I still do that during the draft. In reality, the team probably drafts an annual mid round DL to help hoist water onto the Gator trailer before practice.

In a different thread, I was looking at what we have invested in the DL.  Since 2016 (Clark and Lowry) we have had 6 drafted DL in the 6 years (not counting Wooden and Brooks in 23).  So, we average 1 DL drafted per year, and most of them were later round picks.  

I also had the idea to look at our investment in OL.  We always seem to have a pretty good stable of OL.  Are we somehow better at drafting and developing, or are we taking more swipes than other teams?  The 2023 draft was the first draft in 4 seasons that we didn't draft 3 OL.  I was going to just look at the other NFCN teams draft history to compare... but I decided that I just didn't want to, LOL.

25 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Okay, watch that rep.  What was with that extremely large step on the initial drop?  I don't get what the heck that was.

What I did see was some pretty excellent footspeed to get over the speedbumps and then some pretty impressive acceleration through the cones.  All while keeping his head up, level and downfield.  Then?  The perfect throw.

We've seen Rodgers make those moves and that throw more than a few times.  Nice to see that Love has the skillset, too.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, watch that rep.  What was with that extremely large step on the initial drop?  I don't get what the heck that was.

What I did see was some pretty excellent footspeed to get over the speedbumps and then some pretty impressive acceleration through the cones.  All while keeping his head up, level and downfield.  Then?  The perfect throw.

We've seen Rodgers make those moves and that throw more than a few times.  Nice to see that Love has the skillset, too.

I just noticed that. I couldn’t tell you 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ok Jordan. 

I got tired of waiting
Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

He wouldn't know if Reed would have stayed inbounds?  Yeah.  Easily.

Wicks would have caught it.  Maybe Reed needs Watson's sticky gloves.  (in green font)